Anilao for 2 days of diving recommendations on stay and equipment

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Cavetecdiver

Registered
Reaction score
# of dives
200 - 499
Heading to Anilao in November and interested in place to stay of 3 nights (2 diving days). Mainly interested in macro/muck photography.
Which hotel could you recommend to be already with dive center and not super expensive but cozy enough to stay with women? As we have very limited time there ideally if they can arrange good dives few Times a day.
Is it Worth carrying sidemount own equipment?(i.e long Shore solo dives? I prefer such config for photogtaphy to not be glued with buddy) or rather for such long travel from Europe is in not worth for 2 diving days and better to rent?

I read that transfer from manila To anilao can cost up to 400usd. Is it possible to find a driver to go for 100-200 usd?

Thanks for any advice

We had a great time diving at Buceo Anilao earlier this year. Transfer from Manila is $129 per 4-6 person van, takes about 1 hour and 45 minutes, and then a short boat ride (5-10 minutes) to resort. That is from the resort. We did not do that ourselves.

Macro diving is EXCELLENT, and close. Facilities for camera gear and dive center very good. Very active dive schedule.

Here is some info on the resort they sent me, photos and FAQs:

Buceo Anilao Photos and Videos – Google Drive

Small resort focused on macro diving and clustered on a hill facing Mindoro. Rooms are clean and simple, but have great views the higher you go in the hill. Lovely small pool with a view for non-divers. Good restaurant. Friendly staff. Small bar with happy hour each evening and killer sunsets… and nudibranch ID books. Filipino-owned and operated. Nearly all European macro photographers when we were there.

Contact Dave or Dood Santos. Both are knowledgeable and friendly. I’ve attached their rate sheet and FAQ sheet as PDFs and a couple random pictures.

PS - I don’t recall anyone doing solo diving, and not sure they allow it. Guides are excellent.

Update: FAQ says max four dives a day, and all dives must have a guide, even House Reef. FYI.

Attachments

• A6A466B2-5233-4A3D-BD2A-52EB68188656.jpeg
    A6A466B2-5233-4A3D-BD2A-52EB68188656.jpeg
    108.4 KB · Views: 61
  • 3E26D39A-B87A-4032-AC5C-00270F89C2A9.jpeg
    3E26D39A-B87A-4032-AC5C-00270F89C2A9.jpeg
    107.4 KB · Views: 60
  • 345F542A-7510-4578-82C7-629F7E674953.jpeg
    345F542A-7510-4578-82C7-629F7E674953.jpeg
    106.8 KB · Views: 53
  • Buceo Anilao_Rates_Nov2022-June2023 USD International.pdf
    184.8 KB · Views: 96
  • Buceo Anilao FAQ English_2022.pdf
    142.2 KB · Views: 93
1. There are plenty of posts on Anilao and several dive resorts have good review.
2. Transfer cannot be THAT expensive ie US$400.00 round trip.
3. Some resorts will let you dive unguided on their house reef.......better enquire ahead.

All the way from Europe and only stayed for 3 days? Where are you(@Cavetecdiver) going afterward?

We had a great time diving at Buceo Anilao earlier this year. Transfer from Manila is $129 per 4-6 person van, takes about 1 hour and 45 minutes, and then a short boat ride (5-10 minutes) to resort. That is from the resort. We did not do that ourselves.

Macro diving is EXCELLENT, and close. Facilities for camera gear and dive center very good. Very active dive schedule.

Here is some info on the resort they sent me, photos and FAQs:

Buceo Anilao Photos and Videos – Google Drive

Small resort focused on macro diving and clustered on a hill facing Mindoro. Rooms are clean and simple, but have great views the higher you go in the hill. Lovely small pool with a view for non-divers. Good restaurant. Friendly staff. Small bar with happy hour each evening and killer sunsets… and nudibranch ID books. Filipino-owned and operated. Nearly all European macro photographers when we were there.

Contact Dave or Dood Santos. Both are knowledgeable and friendly. I’ve attached their rate sheet and FAQ sheet as PDFs and a couple random pictures.

PS - I don’t recall anyone doing solo diving, and not sure they allow it. Guides are excellent.

Update: FAQ says max four dives a day, and all dives must have a guide, even House Reef. FYI.
Thanks a lot for recommendation I was writing to Dave but Unfortunately at that days they have everything booked. Is any good alternative around worth trying?

1. There are plenty of posts on Anilao and several dive resorts have good review.
2. Transfer cannot be THAT expensive ie US$400.00 round trip.
3. Some resorts will let you dive unguided on their house reef.......better enquire ahead.

All the way from Europe and only stayed for 3 days? Where are you(@Cavetecdiver) going afterward?
We are two weeks in philipines but after 3 days in Anilao and flight ban we go for a short trip to el nido and then rest to stay on boracay. Unfortunately diving this time is Just short addon to the whole trip and no flexibility to change schedule.

While looking into dive resort it turns out that most of recommended ones such as Crystal Blue, or Buceo dive are fully booked.
I am going to do a final decision to choose betweeen:
- Blue Ribbon Dive Resort
- Pam Anilao and and Padoy dive camp
- Altamare Dive and Leisure resort

Blue Ribbon looks mostly commented and recommended by divers but from reviews i.e trip advisor or booking reviews it looks to be the worse choice from accomodation/facilities (and I am bit worried my lady can have hard times to bear it).

Was anyone in either Pam Anilao or Altamare and can advise if dive centers/sites are good there?
I will be especially interested in macro diving and maybe some nice coral sites from boat.
I am afraid dive shops in Altamare and Pam are rather focused on "intro dive guests" and doing OWD rather than experienced divers. Can anyone say anything about these 2 dive operations?

Thanks,

https://www.shearwater.com/products/swift/

Back
Top Bottom