Seeking Recommendations for Raja Ampat Diving Trip

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

OP
B

BKtraveler

Registered
Reaction score
# of dives
1000 - 2499

Grettings. As a fairly experienced solo diver, I have previously done both liveaboard and land-based diving in Raja Ampat, and both were awesome experiences. On my last trip, I stayed in a bare-bones bungalow on Kri Island, but that was many years ago when I was younger.Now that I'm a bit older, I'm looking for more comfortable accommodation preferably with Wi-Fi, though that's not a crucial requirement. I'd like to make the trip and traveling as easy as possible, as I'll be coming from Perth, Australia. Can anyone please recommend a good island and place to stay for me to use as a base for my diving in Raja Ampat? I would like to be within close proximity to Magic Mountain or near the Misool Region. Ideally, the accommodation I stay in would either have its own dive shop on-site or have one located nearby.I have my own diving gear, so that's not a concern. My budget for accommodation is around $100 USD per day, with a flexibility to go a little higher if needed. For my diving, I'd like to do 3-4 day/night dives per day for 2-3 weeks this coming December. The comfort of the dive boat is not a major priority, but I would really appreciate a quick a fast dive boat.Any recommendations for a convenient, comfortable, and well-located hotel/place to stay in Raja Ampat that can facilitate my diving plans would be greatly appreciated. Thank you all very much in advance.

Back
Top Bottom