Raja Ampat Land-based diving options - Recommendations

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

OP
B

BKtraveler

Registered
Reaction score
# of dives
1000 - 2499
I have done a liveaboard around the region and land-based diving from Kri Island. I loved both but am opting for land based this time around. Diving in Kri was great but there are not many accommodation options available at the time of my 3-4 week visit in mid December. I would like to dive the sites around Kri. Is there another island that is situated around Kri where I could easily and quickly get to those dive sites? 45 min boat ride optimal, Though I am realistic. would prefer to stay in a resort, but it’s not critical. I would like to keep the resort/guesthouse budget to 100 USD with a little flexibility to go above that and certainly more if meals are included. Any advice would be greatly appreciated. Thanks in advance.
BK

I stayed at Sorido Bay, which is right around the corner to the Cape Kri dive site, a 5-minute boat ride, but is very tide dependent. It is a full service resort.

For $100 per day, the best you might get is dive camping. Cheapest is not always the best. You get what you pay for. Maybe the air in the tank is fouled. Maybe food handling will make you sick. Maybe their "safe" water is really not.

Look at Cove Eco and Raja Ampat Dive Lodge. I'm staying there next year after a liveaboard trip on White Manta.

I think all the resorts will be well above $100 per day. Cove is 2,405 Euro for 7n/8d unlimited diving (22 dives).

You could try to find a slightly nicer homestay and arrange for a dive center to pick you up. Tarzan Diving on Gam will do pick ups from Aldejus Homestay on Friwen for a small fee. I'll be staying with Yenbainus Homestay and diving with Tarzan this summer. The over-water bungalows look simple but comfortable and well-maintained. Raja Ampat Sunset Homestay and Arborek Dive is another option.

Lots of reputable homestays with reputations for quality equipment and guides. Corepen , Turtle , and of course any homestays associated with Tarzan or Soul.

Raja has some amazing options for budget travellers at homestays , and also people who can afford the resorts, but not much in between.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/peregrine/

Back
Top Bottom