Anilao resort advice

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

bassthang

New
Reaction score
# of dives
50 - 99
Hiya. I've got a work trip to Manilla next week, and hope to tag a few days diving on to the end of it. Anilao looks to be the least complicated logistically. I've not been to the Philippines ever, so I need some advice on where to stay.

A quick trawl of these forums suggests either:
  • Eagle Point
  • Planet Dive
  • Aquaventure
  • Club Ocellaris
  • Balai
  • Bambu Villa Resort
  • ... others? ...

Presumably they all have boat access to the same off-shore dive sites. I'm looking for
  • value for money
  • basic to mid-level accommodation (5* not needed!)
  • nice food
  • good guides
  • shore dives
  • flexible schedule
  • assistance with travel to/from metro manilla

All advice gratefully received.

I think you should consider Dive n' Trek (Dive And Trek - Resort and Marine Sanctuary). I think they can fulfill all your requirements except the travel assistance part, but you can ask. I also suggest that you contact the resort manager (Alex) directly. Another alternative is Planet Dive (: : Planet Dive : :). Are you ruling out PG? BTW the weather is not so good lately and you might lose some diving days. Anyway, hope for the best and good luck!

Also Portulano... very nice. (just down from Dive n' Trek).

Most resorts will provide car or van pick-up. Costs around 4000php each way. Alternatively, you can catch a bus/trike.

Accommodation is generally more expensive that PG or Subic. Some resorts have an all-inclusive (with meals), others charge separately. Worth bearing that in mind, as there is often nowhere else to eat outside of the resort.

Most of the resorts there offer shore diving. Boat diving is normally charged at a variable rate, depending on the number of pax on the boat (i.e. 1000php boat charge, plus XXXphp per tank).

Not all the resorts visit all the sites. Anilao covers a wide stretch of coastline... so it is worth checking with the resort which sites they can access with their boats. i.e. I like Portulano because they have a banka for nearby sites, and a speedboat for the further sites.

You're welcome to drop me a PM for any specific advice or information you require. :D

Avoid Eagle Point, price does not match what you get for it, renting equipment is double price than anywhere else, food is very cheap quality vs price, service is inexistent...
You may consider Mayumi resort or a bit more expensive but really worth for it Acacia...

My only experience was with Crystal Blue Resort in May, and it was a great one. It's in a good (central?) location, the food was great, and the reef in front- Arthurs? was a great dive (should have done it sooner/more!). Planet dive did look nice, and a fellow guest also gave Club-O good marks. Have fun!

Trip Pic's

I also agree that you should avoid Eagle Point. It does not cater to divers but rather to large groups such as company functions. I stayed there only because my friends have kids and they have a nice pool. Its overpriced for what you get in all aspects. Its located far from anything down a long hill. They will want to charge you for any food or drink you bring into the resort.

Aquaventure is good bang for the buck, food is okay, rooms are small but ok. They have a nice pool, rinse tanks, showers.
You will have the place to yourself during the week and the weekends are packed with folks coming over from Manila. Bad news is during the week it can be more expensive as you pay for the DM, the boat, with no one to share costs.
Planet dive has shore diving at their house reef twin rocks.
Have you considered PG. It might be a bit easier to get to from Manila to the Batangas ferry. Rooms are cheaper, more selection on food and bars, plus I have found that the cost of diving is less.
Okay for now

if you want a little more upscale id go wtih bamboo villa... But if its bang for the buck your going for id go with planet dive... their shore dive is one of the best shre entry dives in anilao that other resorts send their boats to... also the better divesites are all nearest to planet dive....

Back
Top Bottom