Ankle Weights?

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

I am a new ow diver, certified since Sept 01. I have found trim to a real challenge to overcome. I guess it hasn't been to the point that it is noticeable. No one has commented on me looking cockeyed , lopsided, or downright wrongside up. However in terms of "feeling" right, which I interpret to mean In trim. I have had a bit of a hard time with it.

I do not dive in a dry suit. I have dived in 3ml neoprene to 7 ml neoprene and the difference is noticable. One thing I have found I like is to be able to position weight in a somewhat symetrical way on my body. That includes the rear non-dump pockets on my bc and of course equal weighting in my front pockets. In an attempt to try to "level " out I borrowed my instructors ankle weights, 1 lb. ea and found that I was quite comfortable in them. I hope that sometime soon in my diving career I will be great at everything. But for now I will settle for the little things that will help me enjoy as I learn. For me a set of ankle weights seems like a small investment compared to the level of comfort it offers me now. I hope if the ankle weights do anything other than help me stay nice and level...they will simply help build a little more muscle in my legs. what dive couldn't use that anytime?

https://www.shearwater.com/products/perdix-ai/

Back
Top Bottom