anniversary dive vacation

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

alanconstant

Registered
Reaction score
# of dives
200 - 499
We are planning a trip, perhaps Cozumel, for our 25th anniversary in late July. We have talked about it: we want to dive, but we are also planning to celebrate a once in a lifetime event. Money is a bit of an issue, but hey, what the heck.

We are AOW, working toward Master Diver; the trip will coincide with our 50th dive (two celebrations?!).

Any ideas/advice will be appreciated.

Thanks in advance,

Alan

HI Alan:
Welcome to scuba board. I moved your post over here, because you should get more answers this way.
Congrats on 25 years together. I think Cozumel is an excellent choice.
I think I'll plan it for my 25th too!
Only 22 more years to go!
:wink:

Congratulations on 25 years!

We just celebrated our 25th last July while we were working on our OW. We finished OW in August and did our 56th dive while on a cruise followed by a stay in Puerto Rico. The cruise was our formal celebration of the 25 years and was a very nice way to celebrate (although a little pricey).

Our next trip is to try a liveaboard in Bahamas. That could be a nice way for you to celebrate your 25th. It is kind of a cruise with some serious diving.

But Cozumel can hardly be beat for the money. The prices are great and the diving is pretty wonderful too.

By the way, when we went out to dinner on the actual day of our 25th, we sat near three couples that were celebrating 35 years, 45 years and 55 years. What are the chances!!! We were more than a little humbled after being proud of our 25 years when the 55 year couple remarked "so you are just getting started".

Congratulations again and our hopes that we all will reach 55 years together too.

Congratulations again.

This has question has been asked of me on a couple of ocasions. Congrats on the 25th ann. We spent our twentieth on Little Cayman, our 25th we spent in South Africa on Safari, but did manage to take some days diving in the Indian Ocean out of Sodwanna Bay. Our thirtieth is this year, next month we are headed to Australia to do our first liveaboard in the Coral Sea,........and yes, my wife was 18 when we married, I have three years on her..... :wink: , and she never lets me forget it!
If you ever think that these kinds of dive vacations are expensive, your right!.......
but they are a whole lot cheaper than a lawyer and starting over, which we all have friends and family that that has happened to. I feel blessed to have my wife as my dive partner. :)

Dive Safe,
Caymaniac:boom:

My wife and I celebrated our 25th in Cozumel. We got our OW in Sept. 2001 and went to Coz. in June 2002 for the week of our anniversary. You'll love it. Great diving, great restaurants. All around good place to celebrate an anniversary. Oh as far as costs, etc. You'll be hard pressed to find a cheaper place to dive. We got a package for Plaza Las Glorias and five days of boat dives, and roundtrip from Atlanta for under $3000. I don't remember exact prices but we spent less than $3500 total.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/perdix-ai/

Back
Top Bottom