Annual Lake Travis Underwater Cleanup

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

I'll be certified by then! But maybe I'll still be too new to go? If so, I'll come anyway and be a groupie *grin*

Not correct. You are never too new to dive in the swamp with us. Once you get certified you will have fun diving your limits and getting experience. I hope no one thinks that by just learning to dive it excludes you from participating. Wishing you all the best during the summer of FUN 2008.

Regards,

Shawn

I'd be interested in forming a group for the meetup crew. Details please! :10:

Mack,
thanks for the thread. I've been trying to find a way to get aquainted with the group and this might be a good opportunity. live in Ft. Worth and don't have a buddy I dive with. in process of getting my rig so good chance to get some dives in and help out a good cause.

I'll check into this further, hopefully can convince my wife to visit her family in Austin while I dive.
Luckily she likes to help the environment so I might be able to sell her on this.

uggh..wife just told me she is throwing a wedding shower for sister and I have dad duty that day. Was really hoping to have come down. Keep up the posts and hopefully one day I can come out to get initiated into the Texas Swamp Divers. Let me know if there are any similar events in North Texas.

Mack, any new details yet??? Is this the 7th of Sept, or LD weekend? I will be on the Spree during LD weekend (Stetson Bank) but the 7th I may have free, so I may do this.

I'm new to this site, New to Austin & have only been in the lake once. Count me in too. Mack you have my info on file at the shop, do I still need to come by to sign up?

Brad Munn

Sorry i was off for a day or two, but the shop has been swamped:D

The clean up is on the 7th. My inability to read a calendar resulted in the Labor day screwup.

For those new to the area, or new to the board, you can sign up at any participating Austin area dive shop. I would personally prefer you sign up at Oak Hill Scuba :eyebrow:. If you have another favorite dive shop, thats OK. I'll take the rejection with as much dignity as possible :(.

For those that have participated at other shops in the past, Aquasports is closed and Clearwater is winding down. I doubt if either of those shops will form a team.

I'm not sure if there are any participating groups from San Antonio, Houston or Dallas. Personally, I think it would be awesome if CHUM, BAD or other out of town groups sponsored a team to help out.

I'll keep posting as I find out more info.

You're definately not too new to help with the cleanup! Last year was my first time to help with the cleanup and I have logged only three dives outside of openwater before it. I had a blast and am looking forward to it again! :D

https://www.shearwater.com/products/swift/

Back
Top Bottom