another cave diving vid - Eagle's Nest

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

glenora:
Its really pretty crazy...I'd love to try that...

YAH! it's a awsome sport dive video that is for sure... hey let us know when your about to make that dive so we can note in our logs when your funeral will be if I have time off i'll try and attend :D

Always descending,
c.h.

That video sounds like the first part of a documentary. Anybody know if there's more to it anywhere?

wow...

i gotta go there

Yeah, should we start a thread called, "What's the cost of an Eagle's Nest dive?"

TSandM:
Yeah, should we start a thread called, "What's the cost of an Eagle's Nest dive?"
I think that there is another thread and it runs in the 15K to 20K range...

I had a friend who just did a dive in there and up until that point, he never had a singlular favorite dive- he had a favorite wreck dive, favorite cave dive, favorite OW dive, etc. Now he has A favorite dive.

http://news.tbo.com/news/MGBQCB8IHVD.html

In 2004
Two cave divers who failed to resurface from an outing in the Eagle's Nest underwater maze Saturday were experienced members of their fraternity who did a number of things by the book.

They had the proper certification and carried propulsion scooters and tanks with a compressed air- helium mixture, which in the proper blend eliminates the risk of nitrogen narcosis, a euphoric sensation that occurs when a diver stays too deep too long. That can lead to drowning.

However, poor visibility and a confusing section of the caves might have caused the two to drop their submersible, battery-powered scooters, and they might have strayed from a permanent line that shows the way in and out of the system, one would-be rescuer said Monday.
--------------------------------------------------------------------------

The Nest was closed to divers for awhile and has now been reopen with a well built road that leads right to the pond, the divers should name that funnel that leads into the cave a name because that is really kewl :)... Good luck to all those top cave cert divers who wanna take the risk :D

Always descending,
c.h.

I'm not sure what the point of posting a dive accident at Eagle's Nest here was....I have read the report and am familar with the details as I'm sure a couple of the others in this thread are.

Well, if anything since this in the basic scuba discussion thread, maybe it will warn the fool hardy.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/teric/

Back
Top Bottom