Another great piece on Fundies from Gareth Burrows!

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

I think I am the ego, haha. No, I am not an ego, absolutely not, but yes, I can pass the course. :wink: LOL
I recognise some things, but some other things I really do not recognise. Why sign up with the idea: let's look how far I can come? I will never sign up for any course or sport with that idea. I want the best and that is only pass a techrating. Wrong? no, I don't think so, it will make you one of the most willing divers to learn. And that makes you a better diver.
But for the instructor it is more difficult to teach really experienced divers than beginners. The experienced ones will already have an opinion in what does not work and what works. And they already know a lot. So they will not say yes and Amen.

Then take fundies. You are always going on about how you will ace fundies because of x, y, and z. So shut up already and f*cking take the course and let us know how it turns out.

From my experience, taking fundies as an experienced diver was challenging. Mostly, it was due to getting use to a new kit - it's been years since I used doubles and habits or muscle memory that I had to forget or unlearn. It seemed to me that a diver with say 50-100 (or less, depending on the diver) has less to unlearn than a more experienced. For me it was not that I had strong opinions, it was mostly from new equipment and not relaxing and going with the flow. Without a doubt, it's a wonderful class.

I think I am the ego, haha. No, I am not an ego, absolutely not, but yes, I can pass the course. :wink: LOL

I think you'd fail the first time. I see no humility, willingness to compromise, or belief you might have things to learn in your posts. I think you'd have quite a long journey ahead of you before you made a good GUE team diver.

The most surprising part of the class andone if the main outcomes for me was the team concept. It has changed my outlook as a diver and divemaster.

Last edited:
https://www.shearwater.com/products/swift/
http://cavediveflorida.com/Rum_House.htm

Back
Top Bottom