Another Hoosier here...

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

thebusyplace

Reaction score
# of dives
0 - 24
Just reading through jeepchick's intro and thought I would post as well. I'm down in the s.w. corner of Indiana on the Ohio River. I got certified about 10 or 11 years ago, but never took advantage of the opportunity to pursue diving any further. That may change with the recent 12th b-day of my daughter however, because I told her my present to her was to get her certified (for scuba of course). She's getting ready to start classes and I just purchased her mask, fins and snorkel yesterday. Any helpful hints (or place for me to go on the web) to make sure she has an enjoyable experience w/her training and thereafter? We're considering a dive trip to Honduras (Fantasy Island Resort I believe) this summer through the dive shop (Aquacenter), but I'm wondering if a week long trip like that might be too much for a beginner- speaking for both of us - and would we be better off to start w/a state side trip down south first.
Thanks for any input and I'm looking forward to spending some more time here. It looks like there is a ton of info!

Welcome to ScubaBoard. Good to have you here with us. You will find answers to most of your questions here. This is a great place to meet people in your local area to dive with. Enjoy the board.

I'm sure your daughter will have a blast!! What a great gift and a good way to spend quality time together in the future. Welcome to ScubaBoard.

Hi
Have a look at the New to diving forum for suggestions about how to make the most of the learning process and if you go ahead with your dive trip make sure it is one where you are not committed to a certain number of dives so you can dive or not on any given day depending on how you feel.
p.s welcome to Scubaboard.
Alison

Welcome to the board! I do hope you'll be doing some local diving as well, there's quite a contingent of local characters... I mean divers (yeah, that's what I meant to say!) from your general area :D
Ber :lilbunny:

Hi:

I'm in southwestern KY, so aways from you but not terribly far. In southwestern KY we have a couple of quarries to dive in; Pennyroyal Blue Springs and Dive Cerulean. If you make it down to TN there's Martha's Quarry in Lebanon, I'm told; haven't hit it yet. Someone mentioned Mermet Springs to me; haven't looked into that yet.

Richard.

Welcome to :sblogo:
:wave-smil :wave-smil
:chicken:

smilies-41093.png

It does help with discussions if you complete your Profile. And it's even more fun when you load an Avatar (personal pic for each post) and a Profile pic. See UserCP to access these if you'd like to...? :wink:

If you haven't yet, click Forums above and start going thru the list - looking for those of interest to you, especially your local dive club. Always good to try a Search before starting a new thread, tho :search: and be careful about posting Threads & Replies without reading the Stickies at the tops of most forums. Click the link in my Sig below to PM me if I can help you around here..

:cowboy: don

https://www.shearwater.com/products/perdix-ai/

Back
Top Bottom