Another Steamer In the Graveyard Moored!

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

gitterdun

Contributor
Reaction score
# of dives
500 - 999
Similar to the others in the graveyard this wreck was moored by the GLUE dive club, and is a different dive then the others. An abundance of photo opportunties await the photographer and videographer alike.

We hope that you will enjoy this new to the community at large wreck and use the mooring that was provided.

YouTube - The Wreck of the Empress

Exact coordinates to be posted soon (don't have them at the moment)! :)

Thank you for sharing it is nice to see people sharing what they dive on. Also what was it moored too does any one know? I am not trying to be picky I just would like ideas rather then getting a big block out to a site. Out of curiousity the nicknames how are they come upon? ie Queen Mary and Titanic etc??? Soryy i a curious but thank you agian for sharing. Is this the same Empress from the NTD web page? How come GLUE is not working with POW to moor the wrecks?

Last edited:
I would hazard a guess that GLUE isn't working with POW because POW said that they do not need GLUE's help and completely shut them out from the mooring procedures this year.
I'm saying that as a GLUE member who participated in the mooring procedures in past years.

Mooring day used to be a big event in Kingston and was a great way to kick off the season. Everyone came out did a few dives and generally had fun. You got to hang out with alot of people you only knew over the internet during the winter months and eat walmart hotdogs afterwards.

It was rather sad not to see that short lived tradition continue this year.

Last edited:
this year it involved the charter operators getting out and doing it so that was good especially since this way POW did not have to pay for anything to get it out. I do not see a problem in having the operators do the work I know ever operator that we know off was contacted and asked to contibute since they are the ones making the money off it. Not everyone came out and dove on mooring day in the past either do to the nature of diving on a wreck with out lines and having to get the lines to the surface it does not allow for a lot divers to be in the water. Also we were not subject to one day in which to have members from all over like Ottawa or Toronto come to Kingston and have to scrub it for weather reasons. As for saying GLUE helpwas not needed or requested I know for a fact NTD was contacted and asked to help and we have and begining emailed the past president about meetings and changes. If the information from that stand point was not relayed to you i can not speak of that. It should not be a he said she said kind of thing in my opinion but people just diving and gettin a chance to enjoy diving. There will be a dive weekend in Kingston in august that i hope will draw all kinds of divers out of the wood work and other events to keep members of POW and the diving community involved and feeling engaged throughout the area. There will be a POW newsletter released soon so hopefully making little steps agian will get people an area feel POW is not being this side or that side. We do have a meeting coming up and i would love to see as many different people attend as would the rest of the exec. My belief in that is I am bias in many respects just being human and living will make everyone bias and with that we have to realize there are two sides to everything if not more and it is great to see other peoples perspectives. So if you are able please come out. I do think it is great that people are talking about the wrecks in the area though. Aquaoren and kevinr R i hope that you will be able to atleast be able to give me issues to raise if not able to attend as i do see you guys do have a little distance to travel. I think valid issues need to be addressed in dealt with in a timely matter where POW is involved.

Chris,
What you're saying now in public is completely different than what you've written me in a PM when we were talking about mooring day.
You, personally, told me that POW doesn't need any help as the boats are full. As simple as that. Not going to argue about it with you.

For reasons that you're aware of and I don't want to make public to not trash POW (unless you want), I will not be supporting POW in the foreseeable future anymore due to the way I was treated as a volunteer by some old time POW members.
I have better ways of spending my time and efforts. Enough said about that too.

ROTFLMFAO,

You forgot the one where the princess was kissed by a frog and he turned into a great prince.

Refer to the new POW homepage for a great example of bias. Three new to the area moorings are not even mentioned present yet making a line for a dive company in Picton makes the grade. Any particular reason?

this year it involved the charter operators getting out and doing it so that was good especially since this way POW did not have to pay for anything to get it out. I do not see a problem in having the operators do the work I know ever operator that we know off was contacted and asked to contibute since they are the ones making the money off it. Not everyone came out and dove on mooring day in the past either do to the nature of diving on a wreck with out lines and having to get the lines to the surface it does not allow for a lot divers to be in the water. Also we were not subject to one day in which to have members from all over like Ottawa or Toronto come to Kingston and have to scrub it for weather reasons. As for saying GLUE helpwas not needed or requested I know for a fact NTD was contacted and asked to help and we have and begining emailed the past president about meetings and changes. If the information from that stand point was not relayed to you i can not speak of that. It should not be a he said she said kind of thing in my opinion but people just diving and gettin a chance to enjoy diving. There will be a dive weekend in Kingston in august that i hope will draw all kinds of divers out of the wood work and other events to keep members of POW and the diving community involved and feeling engaged throughout the area. There will be a POW newsletter released soon so hopefully making little steps agian will get people an area feel POW is not being this side or that side. We do have a meeting coming up and i would love to see as many different people attend as would the rest of the exec. My belief in that is I am bias in many respects just being human and living will make everyone bias and with that we have to realize there are two sides to everything if not more and it is great to see other peoples perspectives. So if you are able please come out. I do think it is great that people are talking about the wrecks in the area though. Aquaoren and kevinr R i hope that you will be able to atleast be able to give me issues to raise if not able to attend as i do see you guys do have a little distance to travel. I think valid issues need to be addressed in dealt with in a timely matter where POW is involved.

Last edited:

Back
Top Bottom