Another Surfer killed in Australia.

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Chaseh:
well, that excuses it then. You showed me. Kill em all. Sea urchins too.
Apparently seeing as you still haven't read the full thread, here's my first post on the subject (number 2 in this thread):

http://www.scubaboard.com/showpost.php?p=894076&postcount=2

That's the post where I provided contact details of the acting Premier of the State of South Australia where people could lodge protests against the proposed hunt.

It has now been a month since the attack, and I'm glad to say that no sharks were culled during that time, nor have further attacks occured.

Yes, I saw that, and wasn't responding to that. Nor was I responding to a debatable issue of killing the sharks responsible. I responded to a post calling to kill all GWS and the like.

[Scubaroo That's the post where I provided contact details of the acting Premier of the State of South Australia where people could lodge protests against the proposed hunt.

It has now been a month since the attack, and I'm glad to say that no sharks were culled during that time, nor have further attacks occured.]

If it is true and the GW is "packing up" then they should be dealt with. I wonder if they are packing becuase they are hunted and need to survive.

Is it not true that a study was done that showed the shark attacked the human or diver almost every time. I think it was done in South africa and clearly they had a taste for the neoprene dummy over all other. That does say something. If the GW is as smart as they say then it would be silly to think they do not hunt us. Just like a Polar bear or Cougar what is the difference ? We are only food to everything else that hunts including your dog and cat who will eat you if you die and they are hungry.

As the predator they are, it only makes sense that we would be prey and be reconized as easy prey.

[If it's the former, wow! Can't believe he's an employee of this board. He has no business here, or more so, no business going in the sea.]
For most, you may have a point as for Un Pug your wrong. He is a very informed person. He also cares about the ocean and people more then most.

I was out rock climbing the other day and a rock fell on my head. Can you believe this there I was under a cliff and a rock fell on me. Kill all rocks. Crush them.
Cheers

Some very disturbed people here. It's simple, if you go into the ocean then YOU ARE IN THE FOOD CHAIN AND NOT ON THE TOP OF IT EITHER! People should accept responsibility.

A very sad event, yes. But I'm sure everyone that lives in these areas knows of the possibility of an attack?

If you stand in the middle of the road, you most likely will be run over, so do we ban cars??????????

shaggss:
Some very disturbed people here. It's simple, if you go into the ocean then YOU ARE IN THE FOOD CHAIN AND NOT ON THE TOP OF IT EITHER! People should accept responsibility.

With the correct weaponry, you can still be the top of the food chain....
I agree with Uncle Pug, it should have been destroyed.

I think you have to learn to swim faster...........

"I agree with Uncle Pug, it should have been destroyed."

And how do you know exactly which one it was? Have a line-up or simply ask it?

[shaggss "I agree with Uncle Pug, it should have been destroyed."

And how do you know exactly which one it was? Have a line-up or simply ask it?]
It will be the one that is picking his teeth with a small piece of a surf board of course.

They are the ultimate predator. What do you expect to happen ? It needs to eat.
Thats the problem. We do not realize we are not the only hunters and everytime somebody gets eaten we feel the need to kill half a dozen just to make sure you get the right one.

Here is a thought if we take all of our predators (molestors,crack dealers, saddam) and so on we could feed the food chain and never have to worry. As we have the GW looks outs on the beach they could tell us they are coming and we could chuck them a couple of tasty treats. Good trade predator for predator. That would make a decline in our jail population and you would think if you touched a child and you where going to be fed to a GW alive that would make people think twice. :jaws:
We could cull our own predator population.

Cheers

ShakaZulu:
I think you have to learn to swim faster...........
Yea,faster than your buddy and where is Vic Hislop when you need him?
Ray

uncle pug didn't say those should be destroyed, he said they all should be killed. Perhaps it was tongue in cheek.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/peregrine/

Back
Top Bottom