Antarctica Diving Trip Report (Mar 2023)

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

beldridg

ScubaBoard Supporter
ScubaBoard Supporter
Reaction score
# of dives
500 - 999
NB: I'm not sure the best forum to post this in so moderators should feel free to move it.

I just got back from a two week trip with Becky Kagan Schott @ Liquid Productions aboard the M/V Hondius in the Antarctic. We went to both the east and west side of the Antarctic Peninsula and below the Antarctic Circle. We visited Elephant Island, Devil Island, Deception Island, Brown Bluff and a few other places. It was an incredible trip.

I wrote a trip summary that details flights, logistics, the boat, diving, etc. I will create detailed blog posts with pictures for each location both above and below water. Needless to say, it was stunning.

Photo below is me on an iceberg taken by Becky.

brett on iceberg wm sm.jpg

I still need to look up all the airport codes, I don't recognize most of them.

How much did it cost all in with flights?
Some friends of mine organized an Antarctica trip on a ship that I suppose is like that, and I had to decline because it would have cost 10k each for me and my wife BEFORE flights.

Back
Top Bottom