Antigua???

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

stevezissou:
Antigua is where I learned to dive. My stepdad used to own Octopus Divers in St. John's. I believe it is still in operation although he no longer instructs there. If it is still open I would check it out. It was a lovely small business with a home-y feel, and all the staff were very nice. I know you may think that I am hyping it up because I knew the people, but really, all in all it was fantastic. I haven't dove anywhere since that had such nice staff. Oh!! And when you go diving there BE SURE to ask about Stingray Alley! It's the best! It's a small area not too far off shore (about 20 - 30 feet deep) where all you see is flat ocean floor with occasional two bumps protruding from the bottom....stingray eyes!...there were tons of them when I went there. Happy diving and let us all know what you think when you come back!

Sorry Steve, Octopus is no longer running a dive op in Antigua.

dpbishop:
They told me they have a web page but I have never found it; try this number. Ultramarine Antigua Club Colonna, Hodges Bay, St. Johns, Antigua & Barbuda - (268) 463-3483

The Ultramarine Dive shop is located at the St. James Club (stayed here before, nice place). You can get the info from the SJC links. Hey how bad can the diving be in Antiqua, it's wet, warm and good vis. What else do you need??? Sounds like fun. Thanks for the info MaraGirl :wink:

Dive Smart; Dive Safe
Enjoy the ride
:14:

The diving isn't "bad" its just below average. I remember it being sort of washed out and without a lot of marine life. Lobsters and nurse sharks were the highlights. Not someplace I would go if it was all about the diving but someplace I would dive if I happened to be there.

Tim Ingersoll:
The diving isn't "bad"
I dove there in March of 2004. I was on a Cruise ship; you can visit my report at http://www.scubaboard.com/t57898-.html
I booked on line with Deepoutdoors a little shop very close to the cruise ship pier but they farmed me out to someone else.
I feel this worked in my favor because the character I dove with was almost more interesting than the diving.
Two quick dives in one day don't tell you much about a place but I had a good time and wouldn't mind going back. However my wife didn't like the town much and I doubt Antiqua will ever top our list of places to go again.

:froggy: :froggy:

https://www.shearwater.com/products/peregrine/

Back
Top Bottom