Any Aquatica users out there?

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

H2OMAN211

Registered
Reaction score
I'm in love with my a80 housing and the 8008 in it and two sb105s I know it's film but I've been shooting film for 30 years and I'm real comfortable with it. So aquatica owners,stand up and be counted.

H2OMAN211:
I'm in love with my a80 housing and the 8008 in it and two sb105s I know it's film but I've been shooting film for 30 years and I'm real comfortable with it. So aquatica owners,stand up and be counted.

Well I am happy to currently be in an Aquatica housing user... Housed Fuji S2Pro so digital.

M

(Although Nexus would have been my #1 choice they aren't making a housing for this camera).

H20MAN211, ditto for me. I have an Aquatica 80 and I think it's great. The housing is bulletproof and if it should flood then I can get another 8008s body cheap. Right now I am using it for wide angle and I have a Vivitar 19mm lens behind a 6" dome port. Generally once I set the focus in the beginning of a dive I don't have to change it much. The one thing I do need is a data back for the camera. I have to remember how many exposures I've taken. Likewise the viewfinder isn't easy to read. I shoot in manual mode and find that the viewfinder isn't very easy to read. Even so, I can shoot Velvia 100F for wide angle and most of my exposures are accurate. Should I be feeling lazy I can use Fuji Superia 400. It is hard to get a bad exposure with that film.

My plans are to keep the Aquatica 80 for wide angle. Later this year I will buy a digicam for macro. In my opinion digital is hard to beat for macro work. It provides great depth of field.

I use a Nikon F-100 in an Aquatica housing. I'm very happy with it. I also have a digital Nikon CP-995 in an Aquatica housing. When I do, (not if, but when), move to a digital SLR it will be housed in an Aquatica.

My CP995 resides in an Aquatica housing. I love it. I have ocasional problems with the shutter release when deeper the 80ft but I think the upgrade they do with the annual service will take care of that. Other then that I have had no trouble.
My dive buddy's housing flooded on it's first trip to 40ft but the moisture alarm saved the camera. And Aquatica took care of the leak, I think it was the strobe connector.
My next housing will be an Aquatica!

Joe

I've been using mine for two years from the surface to 140' no problems at all. It has performed flawlessly everytime.

I still wish I could figure out how to keep waterdrops off the front element when shooting on the surface. I've tried nose oil with limited success.Any ideas?

My only issue with Aquatica is that their service department is very unresponsive. I recently had my housing overhauled and they misaligned the on/off switch. Still waiting to hear back from them about whether I can realign the switch myself because I don't want the hassle of sending the housing back to them. They received my housing in early-November 2023 and didn't service it until late-January 2024 after I reminded them that I needed the housing back before my February dive trip to the Philippines. Maybe Nauticam and the other housing manufacturers are just as bad but I hope not.

This might win some sort of zombie thread revival award... 20 years!

Back
Top Bottom