Any Beach diving in WPB?

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

I have no information on shore diving from WPB, but why would you do that vs. just heading south to LBTS?

Just curious, as I visit FL often, and am wondering if I am missing anything? :D

Palm Beach reef diving is far superior to Lauderdale reef diving, due to issues like the nearness to the Gulf Stream, and heat and pollution levels. Palm beach reefs are just much healthier. The Lake Worth Inlet is actually a great dive,in the channel, if you have the skill level for it. If not, even the dive along the Jetty is pretty exceptional.

Regards,
Dan V

Palm Beach reef diving is far superior to Lauderdale reef diving, due to issues like the nearness to the Gulf Stream, and heat and pollution levels. Palm beach reefs are just much healthier. The Lake Worth Inlet is actually a great dive,in the channel, if you have the skill level for it. If not, even the dive along the Jetty is pretty exceptional.

Regards,
Dan V

Thanks for posting about the Palm Beach/lake Worth Inlet dive - its unique; really fantastic - I did it a bunch of times back in the '80's, and it does look like a wall dive.

Have to emphisize your points - do it at slack high tide - and DON'T even think of surfacing in the channel. Its used by ocean going freighters as well as pleasure boats.:no:

Just north of there is one of the best, easiest dives in FL - Blue Heron Bridge via Phil Foster Park - again, at slack high tide - the macro opportunities are amazing.

Great thanks for the info on the Breakers. Going to do the bridge again next week, then hit the Breakers.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/peregrine/
https://xf2.scubaboard.com/community/forums/cave-diving.45/

Back
Top Bottom