Any experience with the FIX LED1000DX?

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

I love the FIX LED1000. Been diving it for about a year, with no problems. Great for night diving, great for focus, so so for video (just not bright enough in bright daylight)....I've just replaced mine with a Sola 1200 due to the smaller size and lighter weight.

I love the FIX LED1000. Been diving it for about a year, with no problems. Great for night diving, great for focus, so so for video (just not bright enough in bright daylight)....I've just replaced mine with a Sola 1200 due to the smaller size and lighter weight.

Thanks for the update. I am still using the FIX LED1000 without major problems. The dial on the outside for adjusting the brightness is showing marks as if it has gotten too hot but it is still functioning properly. The Sola 1200 looks very promising as an alternative in case the FIX breaks down.

I sold mine last summer. Not becuase it was bad, but because I wanted two SOLA 1200. 2 months after I sold it, it leaked. :-(

SOLA 1200 are not stronger than FIXLED1000, but they are sooo much smaller. I have 2 SOLA 1200 for video light. I think the battery time in FIXLED1000 is slightly better then SOLA 1200, and if you get two batteries you always have a newly charged one.
On the other hand, SOLA 1200 has a huge benefit of not having any o-rings. You just plug it in and charge it, wet!

https://www.shearwater.com/products/peregrine/

Back
Top Bottom