Any experience with Trshbg?

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

OK I have had my Trshbg out on several debris removal dives now and I really like it. The capacity is not massive, but I have the pretzel tub as my back-up for dives where I expect a lot of stuff. The Trshbg can hold a lot of fishing line and weights, and it is very easy to get loose line into the bag without it trying to float back out. I have a small foam block that I insert hooks into as I don't like the idea of a rusty hook catching me or my wetsuit or BCD from the Trshbg.

The only issues I have had is that I keep forgetting to close the side zipper after emptying the thing. That means that when I go to put more stuff in, sometimes I find it is already open. It's not a big deal to then zip close but I am trying to be a little more attentive. Having three waist belts -- BCD, weight and Trshbg -- is also a little tricky but not too bad.

This is a nice addition for regular dives and I will most likely use it all the time.

Late to the game but a dive buddy had one and loved it. On the first dive it was already put to use. Streamlined and in general a brilliant idea. I ended up buying one from PADI as it was cheaper than direct from trshbg themselves.
This thing is awesome and I can’t wait to use it in August in Florida.
Highly recommended.

OK I have had my Trshbg out on several debris removal dives now and I really like it. The capacity is not massive, but I have the pretzel tub as my back-up for dives where I expect a lot of stuff. The Trshbg can hold a lot of fishing line and weights, and it is very easy to get loose line into the bag without it trying to float back out. I have a small foam block that I insert hooks into as I don't like the idea of a rusty hook catching me or my wetsuit or BCD from the Trshbg.

The only issues I have had is that I keep forgetting to close the side zipper after emptying the thing. That means that when I go to put more stuff in, sometimes I find it is already open. It's not a big deal to then zip close but I am trying to be a little more attentive. Having three waist belts -- BCD, weight and Trshbg -- is also a little tricky but not too bad.

This is a nice addition for regular dives and I will most likely use it all the time.
Well, I’m a year late to this conversation! I have a TRSHBAG en route and will be be making it a regular part of my kit. As far as hooks go, I like your foam idea. Where do you keep it? In the bag? I bought a heavy duty nylon wrist band that has magnets inside thinking I could keep the hooks I find on it. I haven’t tried it yet so I can’t say if it’s an effective solution.

I have the little foam bit tied to a tie-off point on my BCD. I actually don't use it that often though. Now when I have a hook I try to capture it inside of whatver is with it. So if there is a lead weight I run the hook through the eyelet on the weight and then wrap the whole thing in fishing line. If no weight then I just use the line. I kept losing hooks from the foam block so I just decided to put them in the trshbg and use some care when unloading it. I'm probably at 100 dives with it now and so far have not gotten stuck.

I dove for the first time today with the new "strapless" version of the trshbg. It is for use on weight belts and since I do use a weight belt sometimes I wanted to try it out. It has one problem, without a connection point on the lower end it is impossible to open with one hand. The regular bag is secured top and bottom, so one hand can tear open the velcro, stuff the trash in, and then close the top. With the strapless if you pull on the velcro the bag just rotates upwards. It's OK for taking on dives where debris is not expected, but for hard-core debris diving I recommend the regular version.

I have used my trshbg many times now. I gave it away to a DM who liked it and bought another one for me. I think these are incredible bags and can’t help but push divers to get and use them

I've got one on the way now as well. I got one from https://trshbg.com/ and selected any colour. Free shipping and about 60% of the price of the Padi store is a pretty good deal. Most of my shore dives I come across some trash, and if it fits well, I may wear it on hiking trips as well, where I pick up trash where I come across it.

I'm a big fan of "lobster" or "spear fishing" bags with a metal-hoop top. I frequently do "treasure diving" and pick up a LOT of stuff regularly. The most important thing for me has been, being able to do everything by feel easily and quickly. Specifically, opening the bag, finding the opening, inserting the item, and closing the bag securely. Those bags are also rather durable in my experience.

Having used "normal" mesh bags, upgrading to that spear-fishing bag has been a game-changer.

Do they create drag? I guess so. But that's what happens when you pick up 50+ pieces of trash or treasure on a single dive.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/teric/

Back
Top Bottom