Any Hollis BCD reviews yet?

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

I went for it and bought the ATS - everyone else seems shy to share their experience with it, so I'll try to add something soon.

By the way, for other Europeans considering buying one, it seems WAY over-priced in Europe at the moment.
Price in Europe is 550 Euro (about $870): possibly 500 with a discount

I bought from Scubatoys in the US, together with some dive lights.

For the ATS only, including shipping and import tax, price was around $500 (around 315 Euro)

cheers and happy diving
Fraser

OK, I have about 30 dives with the ATS now in the Mediterranean and Red Seas, so I'll give you some first impressions. Overall, I'm really happy with the ATS. It's very comfortable in the water, and I prefer the lack of 'squeeze' of the back-inflate style (my first). The inflate/deflate buttons are solid and easy to use, although I'm still getting used to the position of the dump valves, and how to position myself to get air bubbles out. I was also happy to discover that I could still easily blow air into the wing to correct buoyancy, instead of using up air with the inflater button. The weight pockets are convenient once you get used to them, but they are a bit fiddly and awkward to lock in. As a relative novice, I still miss having a pocket for storing gloves, torches, reel, and other bits and bobs. I guess I'll get more used to clipping everything onto the ample D-rings on this bcd. Fixing the tank on is easy, and overall the ATS felt secure and didn't move around. For travel, the ATS is no ultra-lightweight, but it packed down OK and is similar in weight to other bcds I've used in the past. I highly recommend the ATS (looks cool too !), although if you're in Europe you should still consider buying from the US since, even with delivery and customs charges, it's unfortunately a lot cheaper than buying at your lds.

hope this is helpful

cheers

Fraser

Hi SeaMac,

MSRP on the ATS is $550 US, this includes Europe also. If you have seen a misprint somewhere please let us know.

Please contact italy@hollisgear.com for a list of new Hollis dealers in your area.

Regards,

Hi Nick,

FYI, most goods of any kind sold over in Europe have the same number as in the US pricewise, just that the currency is different, hence the price is higher. This goes for everything, cars, cameras, scuba gear, you name it.

Unless your contract with your resellers specifies otherwise, they have the right to form the prices themselves, which is just what I described above. So, the suggested retail price is the same, just in a different currency mark. :wink:

Hope this helps.

Hi Nick,

FYI, most goods of any kind sold over in Europe have the same number as in the US pricewise, just that the currency is different, hence the price is higher. This goes for everything, cars, cameras, scuba gear, you name it.

Unless your contract with your resellers specifies otherwise, they have the right to form the prices themselves, which is just what I described above. So, the suggested retail price is the same, just in a different currency mark. :wink:

Hope this helps.

Thanks for the clarification - seems my explanation was a bit confusing.

Regards,

https://www.shearwater.com/products/swift/

Back
Top Bottom