Any idea's where to plonk ourselves from mid Jan to mid March?

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Muzzman

Registered
Reaction score
# of dives
100 - 199
On the 8th Jan we'll be landing in HK after 10 months traveling through Asia and Australia, we've decided that we want to fly out of HK ASAP and plonk ourselves somewhere for a couple of months, chill on a beach and scuba dive before heading back to the UK.

On this trip we have/ will be diving

Have dived
Bohol
Pulau Weh
Perhentian Islands
Mabul/ Sipidan
Nusa Lembongan
Komodo

To be dived
Bunaken
Lembeh Straits
Togean Islands (possibly)
Australia (possibly but funds may prevent)

It'll be towards the end of the trip so value for money is important, as is a good amount of sites to keep us interested. As we'll have two months we don't mind if it's a bit of a sod to get to initially.

I'm thinking of heading back to the Philippines but the 21 day visa is putting me off a bit.

Any idea's?

For the Philippines, 21 days is the limit WITHOUT a visa. Visas are normally good for 59 days.

Philippine visas can be extended inside the country pretty easily too... You get 21 days on arrival, and then can extend that upto 59 days, and then can extend beyond that too... You just need to go to an immigration office.

I'd stay away from cheap wine.

Hi Quero

We've just left Sulawesi, TBH maybe we've been spoilt recently but i dived Bunaken and the Togeans and thought they were pretty average. Although Gonzack at Paradise Resort, Kadidirri was a top bloke and a joy to dive with.

Agilis, i know but Plonk is all i can afford these days, being a poor traveler!

Yeah, Muzzman, I noted that you were planning on diving the Togians and Bunaken, so I suggested Gorontalo and Halmahera as potential additions since it's fairly inexpensive to hop from one to the next. Have you looked into Halmahera?

Back
Top Bottom