Any information about "Oyster Bacteria"

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Sorry this pegged the BS meter for some of you. When I read the first notice of this on my e-mail, I thought they must have been leaving something out because I couldn't believe the infection spread as quickly as they said. Possibly part of the reason this spread so quickly is that he was also on some blood thinner medications for high blood pressure. (In the initial e-mail it was mentioned to have been gangrene, which led me to believe that he had not gotten treatment for the initial injury. The next e-mail that we got laid out the course of events as I put them in my question above and I decided I wanted more inforamtion about this stuff.) Would not have posted it, if I hadn't felt the information was coming from reliable trusted sources (Retired 3 and 4 star Air Force Generals that Tyki worked for a number of years ago). I did not post names, because I didn't feel that their identity was relevant to the question I was asking. I got the information through official channels here where Tyki works, because they wanted to let his former co-workers know that he was seriously ill. The military may be spread world-wide, but we remain a close knit family over the years.

I was mostly looking for further information on the bacteria and I thank the experts for the info.
By the way, the victim is on the road to recovery.

Our BS expert also thinks necrotizing fasciitis is a hoax. Heh, heh, heh. Yes, strep A also spreads faster if clotting is inhibited and it secretes enzymes for this purpose. I can only imagine what warfarin would do.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/swift/

Back
Top Bottom