Any military divers here?

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Navy (Canadian... yes, we actually have one)!!

I'm a recreational diver... but plan to do my Ship's Team Diver Course within the next year!!

Thanks for the job you guys are doing/did!

Joe

I am a recreational diver who happens to be in the Navy, but the two have nothing to do with each other. Well, except for the fact that when the Navy said they were sending me to Guam, I looked for Guam on a map and decided I needed to pick up a water sport and that's how I got into recreational diving in the first place.

I don't dive for the army. But the army does provide opportunities to dive (Thailand, Guam, Persian/Arabic Gulf, Croatia) :D :D

Of course, right now the Coasties have been looking for additional divers. They need more folks to examine hulls and such. HEY.. The Coasties usually stay near the U.S. coast.. That's better than the Gulf - It has cooled off significantly recently though. They highs are only 105 F instead of 130 F!

On On

Alex J

alikat- where are you stationed in hawaii? i'm pcsing there in december to work at nrmd ph. hows the diving in the winter?

1 yr. Armor Crewman, 4 yrs. Air defense.

Learning to dive now. Can't believe I didn't do this years ago.

John

I was an airdale in the Navy Reserve. 10 years active duty and 23 year total time untill I retired in 1993. Avionics Chief Petty Officer was my last rating. Did ASW on P3's my entire carrer. This aircraft does not have tail hooks so I never did time on a boat.

Diving came later in my life. Now I love boats!

I did 20 years, mostly as a submarine sailor, and pulled the plug as a Senior Chief Electronics Technician.

I served in Hawaii, Guam, Bangor, San Diego, Vallejo, and didn't get certified until I moved to Norfolk/Virginia Beach. Go figure.

Never was a military diver. I worked with several different communities of those guys and gals and only a small part of what they do was what I would consider interesting.

Of Tank Commander and I don't mean SCUBA tank.

we both dive recreationally.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/swift/

Back
Top Bottom