Any NAUI Instructors Out There???

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

GLENFWB

Contributor
Reaction score
# of dives
200 - 499
Quick question for a NAUI instructor....I sent NAUI an email but haven't heard back. Was filling out a Diver's Release Liability for a dive boat. They asked for my certification agency and number. I have three different cert. cards from NAUI, but none of them have a number on them....except my instructors number. Does NAUI have a number assigned to me that I have to get from them? Thanks in advance for any help.

no only professional level certs get numbers DM's and above.

Ive encountered that myself.I had to use the last 4 digits of my social

Myself and most people I know with NAUI certs just write NAUI in the space for the number....

It kinda bugs me, but yes, only NAUI members (professional level certifications) are assigned numbers.

The cert number for divers is meaningless unless you are trying to look a diver up in the companies database- how many of you know your dirvers liscense number? NAUI used to use SSN's but stopped that practice a few years ago due to ID theft- they now do not use a ID number at all. You can just leave that space blank- put NAUI in it or make up a 9 digit number. When NAUI used SSN's and people didn't want to use it I would write a 0 then then birth date to get nine digits mmddyyyy.
NAUI's new database-you can now verify your cert on line with NAUI- check the website uses birthdate as a field so if you think you need a number write your birthdate in the form.

What is NAUI ?

I've only run into number-hunting people at a very few shops. One of them couldn't figure out what to do and finally wrote the instructor's number. Another asked for a phone number instead. The next time I run into it, I'm writing either 314159265, 271828183, or 161803399. :rofl3:

(That's 108 pi, 108 e, and 108 Phi, respectively.)

Just wanted to make sure I wasn't the only one having this problem. Heck, I am good at making stuff up.
I've only run into number-hunting people at a very few shops. One of them couldn't figure out what to do and finally wrote the instructor's number. Another asked for a phone number instead. The next time I run into it, I'm writing either 314159265, 271828183, or 161803399. :rofl3:

(That's 108 pi, 108 e, and 108 Phi, respectively.)

I thought I'd just add that I just went and looked and my 1975 NAUI certification has a certification number that isn't my ss number.

Steve

Back
Top Bottom