any oklahoma divers here?

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Kellevil checking in... along with my wife and daughter. We live in the OKC area. We will be diving Tenkiller a lot this summer (starting in May) and hopefully a trip to Florida this summer as well.

Hey I think I saw you joined our group the aquanauts too (May be wrong) but you should come out with us when we dive the island across from the scuba park. Great sights along the wall there!

Also maybe Athens scuba park too as I have found it usually warms up to tolerable temps FASTER then any where local :)

Hey I think I saw you joined our group the aquanauts too (May be wrong) but you should come out with us when we dive the island across from the scuba park. Great sights along the wall there!

Also maybe Athens scuba park too as I have found it usually warms up to tolerable temps FASTER then any where local :)

I haven't joined the Aquanauts yet but I was thinking about it. I was planning on finding a way to dive that island this summer and I think it would be fun to link up with you guys. I will sign up on the Aquanauts today.

How and where do you join the aquanauts?

My dive buddy and I would probably be interested in attending activities.

It was an amazing experience. I posted on Soccer Jen's post, "My Bonne Terre Experience."

A breif summary:

The communications with the "Top Side Crew" needs to improve. I forgot to add in my original response, my buddy and I were made late to meet up with the tour because we had to rent the 7mm suits. The rental counter was slow and as a result we were only allowed about 7 minutes to get the suits on, gear rounded up, bags put into the car, and meet everyone at the mine entrance.

We were surprised that there was only one real computer being used in the whole operation. We felt like it would have run much more smoothly if more computers were being used instead of loosing paperwork, or fumbling around to find said paperwork.

The crew on the dive dock was top notch and everything ran exceptionally well. Take into consideration that the dock crew had 70 divers go through from beginning to end without a hitch.

In short would I go again, I don't know. It is expensive. Would I recommend it? Absolutely! It is an experience everyone should do once.

Good luck.

I live in okcity an am planning on going to Athens Scuba park

Hmmm. Heard mixed reviews of Athens. Heard good things about Lake Travis and Clear Springs Scuba park though. Never been to any of them though.

Myself, I Just go finished test diving my new 7mm Pinacle wetsuit in my pool at 64 Degrees! Was nice!

Hmmm. Heard mixed reviews of Athens. Heard good things about Lake Travis and Clear Springs Scuba park though. Never been to any of them though.

Myself, I Just go finished test diving my new 7mm Pinacle wetsuit in my pool at 64 Degrees! Was nice!

Just got back from Athens. Its a neat little place to dive though not deep. If you love to dive around wrecks its awesome. I would recommend it at least once :)

Back
Top Bottom