any one own a Analox O2EII - any good ?

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

DougY

Registered
Reaction score
Hi,
I am thinking of getting an o2 analyzer.
The Analox O2EII looks cheap an dI have used one before at a dive shop. Anyone out there own one ?
Do you like it ? How long does the sensor last before you need to replace it ?

thanks
Doug

I own one, I find it's by far the easiest to use of all the ones I've seen. I've only had it about a year or so now, but my LDS has been using them for several years, and have never replaced a sensor yet. We're told by the sales rep that the sensors usually last about 3 years.

I am happy with mine, but I have never used anything else. It is compact, sturdy, and easy to use.

Have had ours on 2 liveaboard trips so far and very satisfied. Boat always has one available but the way it gets handled sometimes makes you wonder ...

Wife and I keep ours in a small pelican box under our seats on the dive deck and never have to second guess the location or reliability of of the boat provided analyser.

Yup, I also own one, and keep it in a Pelican Box. I've own it for a little over a year have have not regretted it yet. Like the previous posts mention, it's easy to use and seems to be of excellent quality.

I've had one for several years now, very easy to use, just had to replace the sensor after about 3 1/2 years.

If you buy one, get the peli case to keep it in,not a huge amount of money (about £20 in the UK) but has saved my analyser several time from water and from weight belts being dropped on it. The electronics are splash proof but the sensor is easily damaged by water, also get the sensor saver (about £5), this is a small plastic cap with an O ring which seals off the sensor when not in use. The sensors work on a chemical reaction and as long as there is oxygen present the reaction will continue, the saver seals off the sensor and the small amount of oxygen is rapidly used by the sensor then the reaction stops extending its life.

Cant imagine ever changing it, unless it broke and then only for another one.

HTH

Darren

I just got mine but the dive shop has been using them for 2 years they also taught my EAN class with it

I just purchased one last week, along with a Pelican 1120 case for it. It is extremely easy to use, even on a pitching dive boat.

Same story as above.
I have one I keep in a pelican box when not in use.
I love it.

Milo

Ditto - of what others have said. Have box will travel. Makes it much easier when dealing with the shops. I also have my own pressure guage for checking the cylinders as well.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/peregrine/

Back
Top Bottom