Any skydivers here?

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

scuba_moron

Contributor
Reaction score
Just wondering who else skydives as well as scuba.
I'm beginning to like scuba better than my sky dives - way more relaxing!!!!!

My brother (jefffalcone on Scubaboard) skydives. He was just telling me last weekend that he alway is scuba diving when he would be skydiving. It costs him a lot less to scuba dive than to sky dive.

Yes. I've been known to jump out of a plane (or two or....:wink: ). I like them both. They are both relaxing and stimulating in various ways. Both of them are relaxing in that while I'm doing them, I'm thinking of nothing but what I'm doing...the rest of the world (i.e. cares/worries/etc.) disappear. Each of them are stimulating...skydiving for me is how many more points can I turn...how many different formations...etc. Scuba diving is starting from the beginning and being a newbie again. Making sure that I learn...listen...ask questions...and do my best.

I've done 2 tandem jumps and I love it... but I'm not hooked to jumping the way I am to diving. Something about entering an entirely new world, I think.

I did a tandem jump once. Here's my take on it:

Total ride down from the jump: no more than 5 minutes - in my case, just 3 minutes.

Total dive on one tank: 30 to 90 minutes - average 45 minutes.

The "fun" cost/benefit favors scuba.

I don't sky dive, a dive buddy does, but I don't. I think I can understand the appeal and I dig the symetry between sky and SCUBA diving.

After hunting, the Harley and SCUBA I'm afraid skydiving migh tbe the last straw for my long suffering wife. It seems she is telling me to be careful everytime I leave the house...either I engage in risky behaviors or she worries too much. Anyway, we were at a party when the subject of skydiving came up; she saw "the look" in my eye and said something like, If you ever do THAT you'd better find a new place to come home to. I respect the leash...it's very, very, very, long, but it's there and I respect it. Still...

i am a parachute rigger. that is my "job". i jumped once, i've scuba dived (dove?)....well i can't remember how many times, not all are logged (of course i now even log my boat cleaning dives, hey it's a dive!). diving is WAY more fun! i can fix your parachutes and scuba gear

dano

Back
Top Bottom