Any snorkeling spots in South Beach, FL?

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

mtamborra

Contributor
Reaction score
# of dives
0 - 24
Hello,

I am going to south beach this weekend (I was told about this on short notice and haven't had time to research the area)

I tried to google it but couldn't really find anything pertaining to snorkeling.

I was wondering if anyone knows of any good snorkeling spots in or near south beach. I am just trying to figure out if its worth packing my mask and fins and I won't be there long enough to make any day trips to the keys.

Anyway, if anybody happens to know of any decent snorkel spots in south beach, please let me know.

Thank you

We wanted to go boat snorkeling in Ft Lauderdale area on the last day of our vacation a few weeks ago. We found this place SeaXP - Scuba Diving - Snorkeling - Fort Lauderdale which is really close to the main south beach parking but we got in a huge traffic jam (Sunday afternoon traffic going to South Beach) and missed the last boat.

They were sold out so if you go, I recommend getting a reservation. I talked to the guy at the shop and he said he had seen pretty good fish just outside the swim bouoys at South Beach (need a diver down flag to go out that far and be careful because it is crazy busy with boats/skis/etc). I swam out there but the day we were there it was windy and the waves were big enough to churn things up and there were some man-o-war coming in so I opted to drop it. The water was warm though. I just had a dive skin and was comfortable.

Best,
Amy

https://www.shearwater.com/products/swift/

Back
Top Bottom