Any split fins to recommend?

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Yep..TUSA as well. No cramps, no sore knees do to altered (for the better) swimming stroke. I have TUSA ExpertZooms with angled split fins, stiff.

Calvinator:
I have a pair of Apollo Bio Fins which I used it only on one dive trip. It made the "top arch" of my foot ache throughout the divetrip. Suppose the foot pocket design did not really suit the shape of my foot. I now have them on exhibit in a LDS for sale as a pair of used fins. Anyway, to cut the story short, I still feel that I wanna get another pair of SPLIT FINS! Any to recommend?

P.S. Have Atomic Split Fins in mind cause, one of the LDS here has a very special price for me.
i use the sherwood split fins. they are great .. a little pricy though. if anyone has a pair of scubapro jetfins that are xl ill happily trade

aarontee:
You can try TUSA FF9. currently using it myself, find it super comfy when wearing, powerful when kicking & light when carrying. u can find it in 1utama, global scubal.

You're from KL, Malaysia?? I thought there's only Sealantis at 1Utama?

Calvinator:

Calvinator, there are now 3 dive shops in the same shopping mall. Very much like Lucky Plaza in Singapore. 2 of the shops carry Tusa products. Let's see when the price war begins. He..he. When it does, get your cash and credit card handy. :eyebrow:

Tim Wong:
Calvinator, there are now 3 dive shops in the same shopping mall. Very much like Lucky Plaza in Singapore. 2 of the shops carry Tusa products. Let's see when the price war begins. He..he. When it does, get your cash and credit card handy. :eyebrow:

Tim,

Unlikely to have a price war, TUSA price has been more or less controlled by the main distributor of TUSA in Malaysia. anyway, search the whole kl, only that shop sells FF9 at a reasonable price after 2 yrs of launching of the fin.

aaron

Calvinator:

Calvinator,

yes, i stay very near to One utama. Last time theres only one, but when sealantis moved to new wing, global scuba move into the space, so theres 2 shops inside one shop complex.

where r u from calvin?

aaron

aarontee:
Calvinator,

yes, i stay very near to One utama. Last time theres only one, but when sealantis moved to new wing, global scuba move into the space, so theres 2 shops inside one shop complex.

where r u from calvin?

aaron

I'm from Kajang. Used to hang aroung in Planet Scuba, Bangsar a lot. But now, no more, cause my friend's not working there anymore. Know anyone there? BTW, what's FF9? And I really hope there will be a price war soon. Hehehe... my cash and cards are always ready....

Calvinator:
I have a pair of Apollo Bio Fins which I used it only on one dive trip. It made the "top arch" of my foot ache throughout the divetrip. Suppose the foot pocket design did not really suit the shape of my foot. I now have them on exhibit in a LDS for sale as a pair of used fins. Anyway, to cut the story short, I still feel that I wanna get another pair of SPLIT FINS! Any to recommend?

P.S. Have Atomic Split Fins in mind cause, one of the LDS here has a very special price for me.
I vote for Atomic Aquatics split fins as well. I've had them for about two years now and love them. I used to have the Cressi-Sub frog fins and found that the Atomics take less effort to kick than the Cressis. But as other divers have said, try them on see if they fit well. If you have a pool at your LDS, try out a few fins and see which feels the best.

Good Luck!

-eR

scubajunkee:
I vote for Atomic Aquatics split fins as well. I've had them for about two years now and love them.
I have 20 dives on my Atomics and love 'em as well. I've been using them in some pretty heavy currents. They have cut through some currents with ease. I do like my jetfins too though for frog kicking and surface swims. The atomics do pretty decent at frog kicking as well. The blades are pretty stiff on the atomics.

Matt

Tusa split fins are unbeatable. They are the only thing disney divers use day in and day out. Check them out online at:
www.scubashack.net

https://www.shearwater.com/products/perdix-ai/

Back
Top Bottom