Any Swampers Have Ambergris Caye Recommendations?

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

TexasScubaDiver

Registered
Reaction score
Hello, could you help a swamper out? Headed to Belize and need to select 8 dive sites of 40+ available. Any help appreciated....please reply at this post...

http://www.scubaboard.com/showthread.php?t=172004

AmbergrisCayeBelizeDiveSites.gif

Most of the sites are pretty much the same, canyons. Lots of Nurse sharks, Grouper ect. I have been to a few of them a couple of times within a few days and saw completely different fish. I went with Ecologic divers and they wanted us to max out in the 75 fsw range, although you can get a lot deeper. Expect vis about 40 to 100+ depending on weather. Who are you planning on going with, as far as I know only two places pump air and nitrox and they supply all the other dive ops. Be carefull who you go with, I have heard horror stories about a few of the operations. I lucked out with Ecologic Divers, I had an entire day of just me diving when other people from my hotel had their dives cancelled because they only had three.

We reserved with Bottom Time Diving who seems to have a good rep. They dock at the Holiday Hotel. Who is mixing the Nitrox down there? Thanks for the feedback.

We used Ecologic. Stayed at Paradise Villas, about a two minute walk from our door to the dive boat. Ecologic arranged that.

Never had more than 6 other divers on the boat and most dives were us and 1 other couple. There are some good swim throughs. The best we went through was Tacklebox Canyon. Hol Chan Cut makes for an excellent night dive. We saw similar fish on most of the dives and the coral formations were similar also. We saw a blacktip, several hawksbill turtles and numerous good size spotted eagle rays.

Have fun!

https://www.shearwater.com/products/teric/

Back
Top Bottom