Any Updates on Scubajets or Lefeets from actual users

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

AustinLakePumps

Registered
Reaction score
# of dives
200 - 499
Live and work in Texas, Looking into investing in a DPV, favoring the Blacktip since I ran across a bunch of less than favorable reviews on the Scubajets on TrustPilot, the Lefeet looks very "packable" for a suitcase, but so small I cannot imagine that much thrust, plus the max depth of 130 feet concerns me.

Demo'd an Aquaprop L in Bonaire against the current in 2020, was really impressed, tried twice to order one back in the States in 2020 through 2 different USA based Scuba resellers who "claimed" to have the ability to get one promptly, cancelled each order after 6 weeks of constant excuses. Also talked to their National rep in Utah, lot's of run around. No one has an AquaProp L in stock, they all have to order them from Germany, the word on the street is Bonex ain't making 'em anymore, but won't admit it.

I have the Lefeet S1 and S1Pro, they're a ton of fun and very manageable in the water as well as being easy to travel with. Took mine to Hawaii with batteries and spares packed in carry on, no issues at all.
Planning on taking them with me to Florida in Nov.
Used it to around100'+with no issues at all, it's get a decent amount of thrust and batteries will go on full for about 45 min and ramp down speed as battery level drops.
The modular aspect is pretty cool, I usually use mine on the dual rail, but I can easily split them and loan 1 to a buddy if I'm feeling generous...
I've had 0 issues with mine, recently upgraded to the S1Pro just because I could, so I'll probably be selling my original S1 doubles set along with the scuba tank mounts.

Blacktip. It works well as a "proper" DPV to depths you will never get to, 120m/400ft, is a standard DPV configuration e.g. one handed with tow cord, runs on commonly available and relatively cheap DeWalt tool batteries, has terrific performance and is excellent value for money.

Have run mine at 70m/230ft and it has way more power than is comfortable but with 8 speeds is very effective, especially if swimming against the current.

The ScubaJet seems to be a bit of a pool toy in comparison requiring two hands to use — how are you going to use a torch? How will you clip it off when not in use? How would you dump or add gas to a wing/BCD?

The AquaProp has just two speeds and proprietary batteries. Seems more expensive than the Blacktip even at today’s USD exchange rate

How long does the batteries last in this one?
Pretty similar as far as I can tell, probably a bit more run time as advertised...I've only been in the water with the S1Pro twice and both have been 100'+ dives, so my total dive time was about 30-35 min and it ran like a champ.
I was getting 45-55 min of heavy usage on the S1 and not completely running out of juice, power would ramp down to lowest setting, but still working when I exited.

My buddy got a deal on two of the original S1. They performed surprisingly well towing a diver. However my buddies died the first year. He let his son use it in a freshwater lake. Mine died this summer, on a dive. When I got home, I switched the batteries and blue smoke shot from the motor before it became a brick. each had a total run time of 15 hrs.

in fairness, these were probably originally part of the Kick-starter. They may have improved the hull seals. But inquiring about replacing the motors with a fairly large middle finger.

$700 retail is a lot of money for 15 hrs of use (we spent $300 each). If they were willing to let us buy the upgraded motor at cost, we would have considered it. As it stands, they aren’t even willing to SELL replacement parts.

Do a lot of diving digging for teeth off North Carolina coast. We use DPVs to blow the sand/rubble and uncover teeth. The DPV of choice used to be the old Mako/Apollos but those are harder to come by. I personally use a Blacktip, but I have a friend who uses a LeFeet S1 and loves it. She has had zero issues and has one of the earlier ones but said she has heard of battery issues with the earlier ones. New ones supposedly are fine. She let me mess with it between dives a little and I was surprised how quickly it moved me on the surface. I know 2 of the tooth boats in the area have now bought several Lefeets and use them as a rental fleet for divers who don't own a DPV but want to use one to dig.

Do a lot of diving digging for teeth off North Carolina coast. We use DPVs to blow the sand/rubble and uncover teeth. The DPV of choice used to be the old Mako/Apollos but those are harder to come by. I personally use a Blacktip, but I have a friend who uses a LeFeet S1 and loves it. She has had zero issues and has one of the earlier ones but said she has heard of battery issues with the earlier ones. New ones supposedly are fine. She let me mess with it between dives a little and I was surprised how quickly it moved me on the surface. I know 2 of the tooth boats in the area have now bought several Lefeets and use them as a rental fleet for divers who don't own a DPV but want to use one to dig.
Digging for teeth? Tooth boats? What's that all about?

Digging for teeth? Tooth boats? What's that all about?

We find a lot of megalodon teeth and other fossils. Concentrated in several areas of the East Coast over here in the US. It's not for everyone, some don't enjoy it and some get hooked. I guess "tooth boats" sounds a little funny if you're not familiar with this type of diving - there are several boats who focus just on this type of diving, usually the operators are avid tooth divers themselves and looking for new spots constantly.

Don't have any recent pics but here's an older thread with some : Megalodon Tooth Haul

Wow! Never heard of that before, seems fascinating.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/teric/

Back
Top Bottom