Anybody doing Flower Gardens in March?

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Geckotek

Contributor
Reaction score
# of dives
I just don't log dives
Just got back from Coz and I'm so depressed that only planning my next dive could possibly cheer me up.

So, who's gonna do Flower Gardens in March? The nurse sharks in Coz got me warmed up, now I wanna see some Hammerheads! :sharkattack:

I've decided this will be my 40th birthday present to myself. I'm gonna join Lone Star Scuba March 17-18.

Anybody else going?

I would love to make this trip sometime, but the boat is a little too spartan for my taste. I want at least a private cabin for myself and a buddy. Do any other operators make this trip?

I don't see that in my future, but I would be willing to pay a good bit more for privacy, comfort, nitrox, fresh water showers, etc.

There are a number of boats in the Bahamas that offer a higher end trip for a higher price. Even the Spree which has a bit more privacy does not appear to have toilet facilities on the sleeping deck. Some of us older guys would find that extremely inconvenient.

This may be a trip that never happens.

When the trips were $330 ..it was worth roughing it.

When the trips were $330 ..it was worth roughing it.

Well, that's not an option anymore now is it?

So, back to the subject at hand....anybody actually planning a trip to the Flower Gardens in March this year?

Are you going out on the M/V Spree? I have been wanting to go, but I thought the hammerheads ran Dec - Feb? Actually the idea of getting some good hammerhead shots would be the whole reason to go.

Most likely the Fling. And from what I've read, the hammerheads are spawning in Feb-Mar. The hammerheads are also my motive for going at that time.

I'd love to take you, but Spree will be in Dry Tortugas and Puerto Rico this spring. The hammerheads aren't spawning. They are all adolescent females hanging out together. We like to think that they are at the mall. Texting on their little shark cell phones. No one really knows why they hangout at the Flower Gardens, they just do.

Have a great time out there, remember, those spring trips can be a little....sporty.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/teric/

Back
Top Bottom