Anyone diving this weekend???

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Looking good in that suit Jer.

I will have to check it out one of these days so I can possibly get one. I need to give off my lazy arse and sell my suit.

Matt

kylepreid:
It was a beautiful day out at the lake today. Jeremy, dennis and I had a great time out at the lake, the weather was just perfect. Jeremy dove his new dry suit for the first time today, and he did a great job. I only stayed in the water for about 20 min., I was in a 7mm and it just got to cold for me. I NEED A DRY SUIT. Dennis and jeremy stayed in and dove around for a while, they said they actually seen a bass while they were under putzing around. My sissy *** just sat on the bank taking pics of the geese and ducks swimming around, but I also got some pics of dennis and jeremy coming in from the dive. After the dive we just stood around shooting the *****, all in all it was a great time. Hope to do it again soon.
Kyle

I am interested in hearing a little bit about what the diving is like at Lake Lanier. Lake diving is certainly not Cozumel, but as a fellow mud diver, I am curious what your mud looks like:D

diveprof:
I am interested in hearing a little bit about what the diving is like at Lake Lanier. Lake diving is certainly not Cozumel, but as a fellow mud diver, I am curious what your mud looks like:D
Well right now diving is cold, but it warms up pretty good come the summer months. Although viz seems to get worse in the summer due to all the traffic on the lake, it usually winds up being on average in the summer 5'-10' were as in the winter I've seen it as good as 25'-30'. We usually go out to pratice skills and try out new gear when we get it, other than that it's just a good time to get wet. Let us know if you want to join us sometime, we always welcome fellow divers to tag along.

Kyle

Is there much to see or mostly just mud? 25'-30' of vis sounds pretty good. In Augusta (at Clark Hill Lake - AKA Lake Thurmond -we are happy with anything over 15' (which we are currently getting).

diveprof:
Is there much to see or mostly just mud? 25'-30' of vis sounds pretty good. In Augusta (at Clark Hill Lake - AKA Lake Thurmond -we are happy with anything over 15' (which we are currently getting).
Well the 25'-30' viz is a very rare ocassion, but I have seen it that clear. In the winter months there is not much to see, but in the warmer months the fish usually hang around the rocks along the bank. I've seen some good size bass, catfish, karp, sunfish, and some other stuff along the way. Usually it is just alot of silt though. You should hook up with us sometime, we usually post all of are dives in the lake lanier looney bird section so keep a look out and come dive with us sometime.

Kyle

Thank you for the information. I am always curious about other dive options in Georgia and will PM or post a thread in the Looney Bird thread when I find out when I'll be in the Atlanta area next. We have had a very strange winter dive season in Augusta (Clark Hill Lake). Although we also do not usually see much fish in the winter, we have been seeing quite a few this year. We have a few things to dive in our lake (Airplane, large rocks and the walls of the diversion dam used in construction of the lake). I've put info on our lake and river diving in the "Winter Diving in the South" thread in the Dixie Divers sections if you are interested. Feel free to join us if you are ever in the area. Thanks again for the info on Lake Lanier!

https://www.shearwater.com/products/swift/

Back
Top Bottom