Anyone done their PADI AOW at Lake Jocassee in S.C.?

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

BORG

Contributor
Reaction score
Tucker, Georgia, just northeast of Atlanta
# of dives
100 - 199
I live in the Atlanta area and dove up at Lake Jocassee last year for the first time at the Divers' Ramp. I went down to 65ft. Compared to where I dive at Lake Lanier north of Atlanta, Lake Jocassee was a dream, alot better vis.
I was thinking of finally getting my PADI AOW done at Lake Jocassee at Bill Routh's Lake Jocassee Dive Shop there later this summer.

Anyone else get their PADI AOW done with Bill at Lake Jocassee?

How'd it go?

Would you recommend this instructor and his PADI AOW course to others for their PADI AOW?

Thanks!

Lake Jocassee is an awesome place to dive with many sites. You hit the ramp which is my least favorite, you need to hit the boat charter for the Wall. Junk and Cemetery. Bill is a great instructor, as is Dan Ettinger. I completed my Tec and Trimix certs with Bill and recommend him highly. I've been diving since 1980. Hope to see you at the dive shop.

Would you recommend this instructor [Bill Routh] and his PADI AOW course to others for their PADI AOW?
Yes, absolutely... Why don't you combine it with TDI nitrox to make it interesting?

Maybe. I used my drysuit last May when I was diving at the Diver's Ramp. Really came in handy, hit a thermocline at about 35ft. really chilly!

I'll probably be diving there again around Memorial Day (before or after) before I do my PADI AOW there this summer.

Thanks for the info!

---------- Post added April 30th, 2013 at 12:51 PM ----------

I figure it's about time I get my PADI AOW. I got my OW in 1982. LOL. I'll be 59 in a few weeks and I'm going to get this done before I'm an old salt of 60 next year.
I'll be diving as long I can. I work out and run, so I stay in pretty good shape, other than a sprained ankle I got last night while walking our dogs.
Hadn't had one of those in a long time. I'll be good as new in a few days.

---------- Post added April 30th, 2013 at 12:53 PM ----------

I

Last edited:
I got my AOW at Jocassee, unfortunately not with Bill Routh. I have taken several other courses with Bill Routh and I highly recommend him and Lake Jocassee Dive Shop!

bill is a top notch instructor you will not be disappointed!

!
I got my OW in 1982. LOL. I'll be 59 in a few weeks and I'm going to get this done before I'm an old salt of 60 next year.

Dive nitrox on air tables for dead-simple conservatism.

Back
Top Bottom