Anyone ever purchased from these guys?

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

GearHead once bubbled...
Glad the purchase worked out for you SeaJay.

Make room Genesis, my head's in the oven too! I got my Vytec w/transmitter from Eric yesterday, including the cute little giftwrap. :)

I'm not giving up my SPG for anything, but it's nice having the pressure data from two sources, and one decidedly more convenient. The only surprise to me was the size of the transmitter:wacko: This thing is HUGE! Much bigger than I originally imagined it, never having seen one in a store. I can't even close my fist around it. Luckily, I keep the HP ports of my ATX200 pointing down, so it should be fairly protected.

This CPU is an upgrade for me from my Mosquito, and I'm happy with the huge numbers in the display for all modes. Now how do I get this puppy on bungees?? Hmmmm.

BTW, I ordered mine at 10pm PST on Friday night, received ship confirmation from Eric like 10 minutes later, and received it on Tuesday morning. Now THAT'S service. Yeah, I'll be checking in with him again for future purchases. :D
I had to unhook some poor sap from the deco line when we were on the Suloide after his buddy left him and the line slipped under his wireless transmitter and got stuck between the transmitter (pointing down) and his first stage/tank. It gave him quite a yanking up and down before I got over to him..

Thanks for the tip, and the story. I dub thee: Sir. Viton, the Rescuer :viking:
I was more worried about banging the thing on a hatchway or something, but that's a good point. I hope the guy you rescued donated his cpu and transmitter to you as thanks. :)

O-ring once bubbled...

I had to unhook some poor sap from the deco line when we were on the Suloide after his buddy left him and the line slipped under his wireless transmitter and got stuck between the transmitter (pointing down) and his first stage/tank. It gave him quite a yanking up and down before I got over to him..

DiverBuoy once bubbled...

You think that's bad ... take a look at Cochran. I have the Gemini plus and the transmitter/pressure transducer unit is the size of two medium sized desk staplers side by side!

Sounds like a real whopper. I'm guessing you were able to take around 5 lbs. off of the old weight belt? :wink:

Isn't that the truth!

My Negatively Buoyant Useable Weight:
Regulator
Canister Light
Scout & CE Lights
Jet Fins
LP Steel Tanks
BP
CPU Transmitter
CPU
Compass
Knife
Shears

I'd rather that stuff on me than extra lead. :D

JeffAustin once bubbled...
Useable weight is better than dead weight!! :)

GearHead once bubbled...

Sounds like a real whopper. I'm guessing you were able to take around 5 lbs. off of the old weight belt? :wink:

the little bugger displaces like 4,000 lbs of seawater - I had to add tons of lead to my weight! <lol>

GearHead once bubbled...
Isn't that the truth!

My Negatively Buoyant Useable Weight:
Regulator
Canister Light
Scout & CE Lights
Jet Fins
LP Steel Tanks
BP
CPU Transmitter
CPU
Compass
Knife
Shears

I'd rather that stuff on me than extra lead. :D

Don't forget all those boltsnaps, they add up to a pound or so!

https://www.shearwater.com/products/perdix-ai/

Back
Top Bottom