Anyone from or been to Philippines?

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Been to the Phils many times but I avoid Boracay. That place is a prime example of how to screw up a great place with uncontrolled development.

The first time I went was 5 years ago and it was pretty developed then, I went back just over a year ago and was shocked and how much more development there had been - they even have Maccas there now.

The algae bloom also seems more prevalent in every recent photo I have seen, I guess this is because of all the raw sewage run off from the island.

Another old post revived, not that there is anything wrong with that.

Six trips to the Philippines since 2008, wish I had traveled there a lot earlier as so many people whom I knew back in the 90s told me to before it became too popular.

I've lived in the Philippines for two years now and love it. Mama ocean, coconut trees, friendly people - island life suits me fine. :)

Dumaguete(Negros---Pura Vida R.) & Moalboal(Cebu---Turtle Bay R.) here---couple years ago.....Very nice trip--& got to dive with the WSs @ Oslob..........Wife & I almost went on to Masbate for an extra day, my grandfather was commander of that island in '45 & '46----Lt.Col. CW Prather, did you ever meet him?????......--while he was stationed in the PIs...Here's a pic of him & 'his guys'---circa '45 (he's 4th from the left on the front row)....

10803238666_e64838efdd_z.jpg
[/URL]PaPa Prather WW II Masbate Province Army HQ by GEAUXtiger, on Flickr[/IMG]

https://www.shearwater.com/products/peregrine/

Back
Top Bottom