anyone here get DAN's dive insurance package?

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

jonix:
@spoon: you might want to inquire with Dr. Luna directly...sama mo nalang kami sa usapan :D

already talked to him, he says its extremely worth it, small price to pay for piece of mind. we are covered depending on our plan. still deciding on what plan to get. as halthorn summed it up, its not as cheap as i initially thought.

Halthron:
It's actually more than that: (Ref: http://www.danseap.org/Page84.html)

PRICES OF ANNUAL MEMBERSHIP & INSURANCE (Non-Residents of Australia)
(all prices in Australian Dollars AUS$)

MEMBERSHIP
(includes TravelAssist worldwide emergency evacuation coverage and Alert Diver)
Single Membership = $60
Family Membership = $85

Optional additional dive injury insurance

(Annual DAN SEAP Membership must be purchased when requesting the optional additional dive injury insurance)
Standard Plan = $60
Master Plan = $75
Preferred Plan = $125

Additional Charges:
Add $10 for postage outside Australia
Optional Fast Processing Charge of $10

Since you like to dive deep and have already gone through 130 ft at least once, you'd want at least the Master Plan. There are currently 1.3 Aussie dollars to each US one so... AUS 145 (60+75+10) = US $111.50

its more than i thought it was.

Anyone thinking of getting the insurance should be sure to read the exclusions as well:

No benefits will be paid under any plan for charges in connection with:
(12) An Injury or Illness that occurs after drug and alcohol use except those prescribed by a physician.

I've always kept the master plan also - especially important if you venture below 130. Hmmm . . .what if an emergency brings you below 130 even if it wasn't part of the dive plan - will the standard cover? I'd rather not have to argue that point.

My son-in-law didn't have DAN and developed a good case of DCI. He would not let us take him to the chamber because of the expense. (My SIL is extremely hard-headed). Anyway, I hope you never have to see anyone suffer through DCI. It ain't pretty! My SIL is one tough guy, but he taking major narcotics. We threatened to take him if he passed out, but he did not. He is really lucky and seems not to have any affects anymore - but then it's been over a year. Get DAN!

av8er23:
After reading more on the site I found out you must see a doctor to get sort of a checkup. I bet this is another 100.00 Can any doctor do it?

Hi Mate, as far as I'm aware, you only need to see a doctor if you have a pre-existing medical condition...please correct me if I'm wrong though.

http://www.danseap.org/declarationpage-Australia.html

Just signed up for the Master plan...don't have any plans on going over 50m any time soon...

Even if you have to use it only once in your life, it beats paying up to $10,000 + for evac and time in the chamber. Go for the master plan. How much do you spend on beer a year?

https://www.shearwater.com/products/perdix-ai/

Back
Top Bottom