Anyone in Bunaken, Gangga, or Lembeh at the moment? Mount Ruang eruption impact on the region...

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

cetacean

Contributor
Reaction score
Is there anyone in Bunaken, Gangga, or Lembeh at the moment?

Mount Ruang errupted a few days ago, flights are currently shut down in and out of Manado (extending to Malaysian Borneo as well).

Supposed to be in the region in about 3 weeks for diving. Looking for updates on conditions, etc.

I just came in to ask the same thing.

Me three. Headed that way in days , not weeks. I have bad feeling I am going to have a very extended layover somewhere along the way

Here at Lembeh we do not notice anything. The weather is actually really nice. Manado airport is supposed to open again today, Sunday, at 12 noon. But yesterday the opening had to be postponed, and this could happen again.

Attachments

• view DLL 24.jpg
    view DLL 24.jpg
    117.7 KB · Views: 18
  • View 2 DLL 24.jpg
    View 2 DLL 24.jpg
    100 KB · Views: 16
We’re now on a planned two-day layover in Singapore, booked on Scoot to Manado/MDC tomorrow morning. MDC has been closed since Thursday, but is expected to reopen today (Sunday) at noon. Our Scoot itinerary is holding so far, and I haven’t seen mention of recent eruptions.

This might be good, IF one was already there. 😄

FYI. My travel agent sent me an email saying the airport had re-opened. I wouldn’t treat it as gospel given language barriers and sometimes conflicting source information, but that is some positive news. Hopefully it is accurate and hopefully the airport stays open !

Manado airport is open as of 12.00, Monday 22 April. But many flights have been canceled, including the Scoot flight from Singapore.

That sounds almost too good to be true - I am booked on Scoot SIN-MDC on the 24th.

Update: The re-opening has made the News now as well, keeping everything crossed (for luck)

Back
Top Bottom