Anyone interested in taking the GUE dir fundamentals course?

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

paolov:
in your signature Sacramento UE .... i remember sometime ago when i was in old Sac, we went up to IONE for some fishing on the lake. the water was soooooo cold yet no ice.

i enjoyed the trip between Sac and Ione, glittering vineyards.... do they really work in scaring away the birds?

do you explore the SAC river?

I live here in American Canyon.... right next to Vallejo. There's a bunch of lakes up toward the Sierras (going to Tahoe) that are great for exploring... nobody ever dives them... cold and clear

I don't think anyone dives the Sac river... too many snags and fast current. I used to get together with the guys up in Sac for mid week training dives in Folsom. The vis is about 5 sometimes 10... makes for good nav practice.

Ben_ca:
There's nothing like walking into Monastery and hangging out at the edge of the canyon starring into the abyss :)

on my checkout dive, Peering through the edge of the canyon into the abyss, thats sealed the deal i was hooked on diving instantly.

Spoon:
on my checkout dive, Peering through the edge of the canyon into the abyss, thats sealed the deal i was hooked on diving instantly.

My buddy who's working on his DIR-F prov was with me and commented it was so much nicer hovering over the ledge versus the last time he was there basically sitting on the ledge :)

Ben_ca:
My buddy who's working on his DIR-F prov was with me and commented it was so much nicer hovering over the ledge versus the last time he was there basically sitting on the ledge :)

true, true. havent dived since i passed my dir-f classes in gallera last week. havent tested my newly acquired techniques outside the class dives. im so raring to go to anilao and test the backward kick against any vertical ledge ledge and glide down horizontally:) what a rush that would be!

Back
Top Bottom