anyone wanna dive la jolla tommorow?

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

have you ever seen the rock pinnacle with the cave thats home to a pretty large tropical fish at the shores? we'll prolly come across it as we ascend from the cruiser i think its in about 90 ft or so

I have not seen a pinnacle down there, but have been to 100 or so at Vallecitos several times. I have seen the very small entry "cave" like structure that has some sort of redish Sheephead in it. There is also one on the North Side of the North Wall. Very similiar cave that lots of fish go in and out of. I hear they have a wall at 100 feet or so up from the Cruiser... should be cool to see! I'll have my camera, and I think Paul will have his video! Should be fun!

Sean

California Diver:
have you ever seen the rock pinnacle with the cave thats home to a pretty large tropical fish at the shores? we'll prolly come across it as we ascend from the cruiser i think its in about 90 ft or so

Tropical fish? Are you talking about Blacksmiths? They often congregate around rocky structures. It would be cool to see the pinnacle you're talking about on the way up although our first stop is at 50 fsw.

See you Sunday AM!

im not really knowlegable on fish id all i know is it looks purple.

California Diver:
im not really knowlegable on fish id all i know is it looks purple.

Yep, sounds like blacksmiths

See ya tomorrow

i got a nice dive in after all, max depth 2 feet vis was only 2-4 ft , my bathtub isnt very long.

Conditions looked pretty bad, so we called it a day! We invited Tyler out to breakfast but he opted for sleep! Nice meeting you Tyler, we'll keep you in the loop when we hit the canyon again!

Thanks for comming down!

Sean

divebuddysean:
Conditions looked pretty bad, so we called it a day! We invited Tyler out to breakfast but he opted for sleep! Nice meeting you Tyler, we'll keep you in the loop when we hit the canyon again!

Thanks for comming down!

Sean

Was there big waves or big surf at the shores today? I thought the swells were supposed to be fairly low this weekend....I didn't see any waves yesterday..

Scott

nice to meet all of you as well, you guys seem pretty cool and id love to dive with you guys. one of these days if you all are in the mood for the beer i work at a little italian restraunt in scripps ranch, nice place to stop by for a drink.

Back
Top Bottom