Anyone with info on "carry on" size limitations now in effect?

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Joewr....I'm really glad to hear of the level of security you experienced. I've been hearing that not much has changed other than superficial hassles.

Sure wish I was flying somewhere in the near future to experience it myself! :D

and fly to Miami, then Miami to St. Maarten. I'm going to take my one photo bag to the airport to check to see if it fits in their "size" bins at the check in area. I'm all prepared to pack as Dee recommended, in the event that my wheeled case might be deemed too large.

I'll post our airline adventures (our flights have already changed about six times) after our return in mid-December.

Regards,
Margaret

Carry on is now limited to ONE per person. That means your briefcase/purse/backpack PLUS one carry on. Anything else has to be checked.

If you are taking a camera case, make sure it is the carry on: they are using much more powerful xray machines for check in baggage and are warning that any film will probably be ruined by going through them. Be prepared to open up the case, as there is a lot of hand searching also on cameras.

As already mentioned, PCs are being taken out of their cases... you are asked to turn them on. Again, also some cameras.

DO NOT carry anything like Swiss army knives, clippers, nail files, etc., etc. in your carry on. It WILL be confiscated! If you need it, pack it in your checked baggage.

BTW, there IS some curbside check in.... depends on the airport.

~SubMariner~

All good advice. The curb side check in is for domestic flights only.
It is very convenient, in the airports that are using it again.

mike

Flying in to Cozumel they made me check my roll of Duc Tape. Wouldn't let me carry it on. What if something had broke?

don o

https://www.shearwater.com/products/swift/

Back
Top Bottom