AOW Aug 26-27 at Lake Pleasant

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

No problem, Andres.

Sorry for the delayed response. I was up diving Mohave and Mead the past few days.

Just a reminder, we're just over 3 weeks away from the AOW/PPB weekend. We've booked a couple of divers already and have a few more divers interested. We limit class size to 6 divers, so if you're interested let me know so I can reserve a spot for you.

Did my AOW with Rob & Jennifer at Pleasant this weekend, to tell the truth I wasn't all that excited about taking AOW but want to take Rescue, since my teenager is now certified, so you gotta do what you gotta do! :wink:

I had a blast, after all I was diving and with some great divers/instructors/buddies, learned some new things especially in respects to Altitude diving, which isn't of paramount concern at Pleasant, but will come in handy one day (I'd love to dive Tahoe sometime).

I was the only student, due to some cancellations/scheduling conflicts, you can't beat personlized private instruction with a stick and goes to show what a classy operation they're building that they didn't cancel the class. They are not gear peddlers so I was spared any of the usual sales pitches typically spewed when taking a class through an LDS and was given the 'straight skinny' when I had any questions, no toting the company line. I have to say their tuition fees are if not 'the lowest' in AZ they are right there at the top and a great value for the personalized instruction and small class sizes they provide.

So if your considering AOW, Rescue, or have a friend or family member interested in getting certified, I'd highly recommend them, I'll be taking Rescue from them at the end of October. You can get their class schedule and contact information from their website at http://www.southwestscuba.com and I have it on good authority that they will have a brand new website up in the next couple weeks.

You can read about my dives [and the cool sinkhole that was found] on my blog at
http://www.getbentscuba.com/blog/

Garrett

Thanks for the kind words, Garrett! We had a great time, too! Your diving ability made you an easy student. It was more like we were just hanging out and doing some dives! But that's how we like to do all our classes.

BTW, if anyone wants to just come out and dive and hang out with us during the surface intervals, please do. We do take a little time to discuss the training dives, but part of our surface time is spent just hanging out and socializing. In fact, we had that happen yestereday. It's a good way to meet other divers with similar interests! :D

Back
Top Bottom