AOW in Coz with Aqua Safari

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

raoulsttexas

Contributor
Reaction score
# of dives
50 - 99
I'm headed down to Coz in November for the 4th time and can't wait. Since we're using frequent flier miles, we're saving money and my wife "signed off" on me getting my AOW cert.

Previously, we've only used Dive with Martin (can't laud their praises enough...especially miguel). This time the condo we reserved has a package with AquaSafari. I've only heard good things about them (as dive op), but have no personal experience.

The question: Has anyone AOW'd with AS? Is it a good set of instructors / course? Obviously, I'm not fishing for any AS flaming. I just REALLY want to learn as much as possible and don't want to take a "go through the motions, here's your card" type of course.

Thanks,
-Robert

They are a highly regarded teaching op so I suspect you'll get a very good set of lessons / instructors etc.

Did my AOW with Aqua Safari's Ricardo Gutierrez and had a very good course because I arrived with a laundry list of skills that I wanted to work on. Ricardo creatively combined many subjects into the two days that we had together and we covered everything I listed and more. My advice is to know your goals before you arrive and immediately speak with your instructor about them so he can plan the course. Though all of the instructors at Aqua Safari are excellent -- and they work on rotation so you can't really choose -- I'd advise you to request anyone other than Pedro because his English comprehension is the poorest and anything "off the program" will throw him for a loop. See you in November!

I did three specialities with Ricardo Gutierrez a couple of years ago (night, deep, PPB) and finished my master scuba diver cert with him as well.....great guy, very patient, very experienced, very practical, and very safety conscious. Although I dive with some other ops, I concur with the other posters and wouldrecommend AquaSafari, especially for training, and I have used them several times.

Excellent!

Thanks for the responses. I sent an email to Donna yesterday to get everything setup. Now I just have to figure out how to maximize my time with my wife. I don't want to "ditch" her during a regular dive and force her to find an insta-buddy. She's not into diving as much as I am and would rather not go if I'm not around. Nor do I want to leave her during the afternoons while I'm getting cert'd and she's on shore...drinking. We are on vacation afterall! So, we'll see how that all works out.

Thanks for the candid responses!

My son and I just returned from Aqua Safari after an 8 day stay/dive with them. I simply took an OW refresher course since I had been out of the water for awhile. I cannot express the level of professionalism and detail they go through with each person. You will be more than satisfied with their operation. THEY ARE TOP-NOTCH...

Back
Top Bottom