AOW in Oahu and Kona?

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

cavegirl

Registered
Reaction score
Hi.

This is a really good board with lots of good info.

We're coming to Hawaii for a Norwegian cruise at end of Aug., from Oahu. Will be staying at Waikiki 2 days before and 1 day after cruise. We have 3 middle-aged couples and I am the only diver. Will take the others to snorkelling, and maybe encourage some to try scuba.

I would like to do a couple of dives, and while at Kona port. I am NAUI certified. Looking at the prices it seems like it'd be worth it to do AOW if I will get three 2-tank boat dives. I definitely like to do two 2-tank dives in Oahu, with one of them a night dive (the other night will go to the Polynesian CC).

Are there any shops in Hawaii that will do the AOW with 2 dives in Oahu and the one dive in Kona, or would I need to do all of them in Oahu?

Make it easy on yourself - just do the three dives with one operator. It might be kinda hard pulling this off while you're on a cruise ship - simpler to just have fun and eat a lot.

cavegirl:
Hi.

We're coming to Hawaii for a Norwegian cruise at end of Aug., from Oahu. Will be staying at Waikiki 2 days before and 1 day after cruise. We have 3 middle-aged couples and I am the only diver. Will take the others to snorkelling, and maybe encourage some to try scuba.

I would like to do a couple of dives, and while at Kona port. I am NAUI certified. Looking at the prices it seems like it'd be worth it to do AOW if I will get three 2-tank boat dives. I definitely like to do two 2-tank dives in Oahu, with one of them a night dive (the other night will go to the Polynesian CC).

Are there any shops in Hawaii that will do the AOW with 2 dives in Oahu and the one dive in Kona, or would I need to do all of them in Oahu?

Some of the people on the boat when I was there did the 2 morning dives and came back that night for 2 evening/nite dives.

U have to see the evening show at PCC, the hula girls and the fire twirlers are great.

cavegirl:
Hi.

I did my AOW (Padi) in Oahu. You can do a 2 tank morning dive and a 1 or 2 tank sunset and night dive the first day then do a 2 tank morning dive the second day. Go to the PCC on your 1 day coming back. It's an "all" day activity and you'll want to see "everything"...:)

When you're in Kona just do a fun dive like the "Manta Night Dive"...:eyebrow:

divenut2001:
I did my AOW (Padi) in Oahu. You can do a 2 tank morning dive and a 1 or 2 tank sunset and night dive the first day then do a 2 tank morning dive the second day. Go to the PCC on your 1 day coming back. It's an "all" day activity and you'll want to see "everything"...:)

When you're in Kona just do a fun dive like the "Manta Night Dive"...:eyebrow:

I am actually trying to arrange the AOW in two days now (2-tank morning dive then sunset/night dive, followed by another 2-tank dive the second morning). In fact I am trying to combine that with the Nitrox certification. After learning about Nitrox it makes a lot of sense, and would like to do that. Will reading at home beforehand.

Too bad in Kona the ship will be at port 8-5 only. Would've been really nice to do the Manta Ray dive there at night. But then some shops there offer torpedo (scooter) there, so I am looking to try a dive with one.

cavegirl:
I am actually trying to arrange the AOW in two days now (2-tank morning dive then sunset/night dive, followed by another 2-tank dive the second morning). In fact I am trying to combine that with the Nitrox certification. After learning about Nitrox it makes a lot of sense, and would like to do that. Will reading at home beforehand.

Too bad in Kona the ship will be at port 8-5 only. Would've been really nice to do the Manta Ray dive there at night. But then some shops there offer torpedo (scooter) there, so I am looking to try a dive with one.

Good idea! I always dive nitrox when I go on week long trips and do alot of repetitive diving.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/teric/

Back
Top Bottom