AOW-- vital in the Red Sea?

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Razmataz78, glad to hear you enjoyed your OW with Sinai Divers, always makes a person feel more confortable when others have had first hand experience.

Based on feedback I received from the board, I'm going on a liveaboard trip with them out of Sharm on 5th June, then spending a few days in Dahab to dive their sites.

We just came back from Dahab last week. We used Poseidon Divers for our dive center and our EANx course. They use freelance instructors / guides and are able to start courses almost any day... courses were starting everyday (including AOW) with every new arrival. email first to make sure. (Google Poseidon Divers Dahab.) The coordination of transfers, hotel and diving through Poseidon were excellent and the people were truly fantastic and accommodating. We did 14 dives in 6 days; including Thistlegorm & Ras Mohammed on the Wind K with a dedicated guide for the 4 of us. Poseidon was very safety conscious as well.... Since I hadn't dived in over a year they asked that I take a check dive as our first dive. We highly recommend them.... We dove in Key Largo Florida two years ago and the level of safety concern was night and day... none in Florida and an appropriate amount with Poseidon....

Have a great time!!... we did!!

Hi there, I would recommend the AOW course...firstly it will give you more diving experiences but secondly, most travel insurance companies will cover you for any diving incident to the depth of your training. Most dive operators guide to 28m so you will have to be in full control of your own depth limit with a buddy willing to stay shallower with you. If you ended up going a fration deeper and needed any medical care the costs can be enormous. At least this give more flexibilty and you do not have to go to 30m.
It is not as hard as the OW course and apart from the navigation dive you will have great fun on all the other 4 dives.
By the way..Dahab, a great choice...very chilled.
Ninja

Aow is much more relaxed... The 2 mandatory dives are serious skills, deepdive will give experierince and licence to go deep when you¨would like to, and the nav is a breif intro of the compass. Hopefully you will buy one and start using it your own way... thats a sklill that needs
more practise to customize towards it beeing a major tool, combined with natural nav, for your navigational techniques. The rest is just fun..... PHOTO; NIGHT AND SCOOTER (DPV) should be your preferd options ! Great fun! I reccomend at least 10 fundives between you OW and AOW... this will give you more satisfaction matering the skills

Enjoy the camels!

Attachments

• Camel.jpg
    Camel.jpg
    165.1 KB · Views: 31
Alright, guys. I'm taking off to Egypt in three weeks, and I'm so excited! EGYPT- this is like a middle school fantasy come true! The mere anticipation fills me up with 99% enthusiasm, 1% anxiety.

I am staying at Dahab Dorms; it seems like a nice, clean place for a young budget traveler like me. They offer free stays to those who dive with them, but I don't think I will take up on that because their price is a lot higher than any other dive shops I've researched. I got a cheap flight (271 EGP) from Luxor to Dahab, so I will not have to endure the grueling bus ride. I was originally going take a bus to Hurghada and a camataran to Sharm, but flying is cheaper and a lot shorter! Thank you, Egyptair.

And thanks to all who have reduced my anxiety and concerns on this board. I'm really glad to hear that Dahab continues to be a chill place even though there seems to be an increasing number of travelers.

Enjoy the camels!

On the road outside the Bedouin Moon, right?

Alright, guys. I'm taking off to Egypt in three weeks, and I'm so excited! EGYPT- this is like a middle school fantasy come true! The mere anticipation fills me up with 99% enthusiasm, 1% anxiety.

I am staying at Dahab Dorms; it seems like a nice, clean place for a young budget traveler like me. They offer free stays to those who dive with them, but I don't think I will take up on that because their price is a lot higher than any other dive shops I've researched. I got a cheap flight (271 EGP) from Luxor to Dahab, so I will not have to endure the grueling bus ride. I was originally going take a bus to Hurghada and a camataran to Sharm, but flying is cheaper and a lot shorter! Thank you, Egyptair.

And thanks to all who have reduced my anxiety and concerns on this board. I'm really glad to hear that Dahab continues to be a chill place even though there seems to be an increasing number of travelers.

Dahab Dorms is part of red Sea Relax iirc. I thought you were going to dive with them from one of your earlier posts, so who are you diving with? There are some less professional dive centres in Dahab, price is not the only factor to consider.

Egyptair are great for internal flights, we flew Sharm - Cairo and returned 10 days later for LE600 for 2 people.

Dahab is the most chilled place I have ever been. You will still get a bit of hassle when you walk along the seafront - every bar, restaurant and shop will invite you in but just smile and say "La shokran" (No thank you). Enjoy your trip.

Hi Druid, I do think diving with Red Sea Relax would be really nice and convenient, but it's seriously more pricey than any other diving center, even with all the discounts. I have not committed myself to a diving center yet, but Reef 2000, Sinai Divers and Penguin have been suggested by a few. Other than price, of course, I'm mainly looking at what elective dives and dive sites are offered. Reef 2000 hasn't replied to my email, and Penguin said they go to The Islands for a naturalist dive, which is pretty appealing. Feel free to recommend a dive center!

https://www.shearwater.com/products/peregrine/

Back
Top Bottom