AP Valves/Diving Emergency Tanks of the Buddy Commando

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

The Buddy Commando is a model of BCD. It used to be ubiquitous amongst UK divers.
They're practically indestructible, and actually have a NATO stock number, as they are military issue.
They are also capable of mounting a twin set.
Indeed. I used them first time in the marine. lifelong fan.

The Buddy Commando is a model of BCD. It used to be ubiquitous amongst UK divers.
They're practically indestructible, and actually have a NATO stock number, as they are military issue.
They are also capable of mounting a twin set.
Indeed. First used one in the military.

I'm not familiar with this "commando" device, but if you replace the tanks again, I'd wrap them in some kind of mesh-bag or material. You can buy mesh-material at a fabric-store by-the-yard.
Been thinking about this mesh-material. I can not find anything. do you have a link to somewhere for me to look at?

Been thinking about this mesh-material. I can not find anything. do you have a link to somewhere for me to look at?
A couple searches:
Amazon.com : mesh fabric by the yard
Amazon.com : netting by the yard

You don't want the "lightweight" stuff, probably something "medium." This looks about right based on the description and pictures, though I have zero experience with this specific product.

Pllieay-Slightly-Stretchy-Backpack-Shopping

You can also get mesh bags. I don't know the size of the bottle, but you'll probably want a width/height about 20% larger than the bottle. One with a draw-string top might also be useful.

https://www.amazon.com/s?k=mesh+bag

https://www.shearwater.com/products/peregrine/

Back
Top Bottom