Apeks MTX-RC Servicing

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

jzlassme

Registered
Reaction score
# of dives
50 - 99
Does anyone have the service manual of the Apeks MTX-RC first & second stage? Please PM me if you can send me a copy, appreciated.

Does anyone have the service manual of the Apeks MTX-RC first & second stage? Please PM me if you can send me a copy, appreciated.
Not so easy.
You have to find an Aqualung/Apeks Dealer who attended the 65,-US$ Online Course for that model and is willing to share the Service Manual, which is included, for free with you.......

i have the MTX.R first ans second if it helps.

What information do you need from the service manual?
A gentleman sent me the MTX-R version manual. I think I am good now, as I can reference the XTX 200 manual to service the breathing control knob. I believe they are exactly the same. I suspect the whole valve design is the same between XTX and MTX.

The only thing I would like to know is the tuning specs for RC, is it the same as XTX 50/200?

A gentleman sent me the MTX-R version manual. I think I am good now, as I can reference the XTX 200 manual to service the breathing control knob. I believe they are exactly the same. I suspect the whole valve design is the same between XTX and MTX.

The only thing I would like to know is the tuning specs for RC, is it the same as XTX 50/200?
Do you have MTX FLOW/NO FLOW tool? If yes, just tune it to that. That's what factory recommends anyway.
If you don't, you can still use old "sink it in the water" method.

Errrmmm, did you receive reg repair training?

No, planning to DIY. I did a few research on tuning, none of them mentioned the water bucket method. Here is what I summarized.

1. Verify IP from first stage is within spec.
2. Set the lever height using the inline tool. Set to edge of freeflow, maybe another 1/16 turn the orifice IN to accommodate the new rubber seat break in.
3. Fine tune the spring tension and verify the cracking effort using the magnehelic gauge. I believe some people even skip this step if the second stage has a control knob.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/swift/

Back
Top Bottom