Apeks or Scubapro for doubles (manifold or indies)

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Curious as to some opinions ...

Interesting in inching toward tech by first kitting up in doubles.
IF price were the same, IF both were a slight PITA to have serviced locally, and IF future promises of free parts didn't mean a thing, would you recommend
1) SP MK17 w/G250V
2) Apeks DS4 w/XTX50

What I'd like to hear about is performance at depth, hose routing concerns, personal comfort issues, or general opinions from experience if you've got 'em.

Thanks!

They are both great regs.

One friend of mine dives MK17 the other DS4s they both route so so.

My wife has TEK3 which IMHO routes better.

I just switched doubles regs to MK25 from Zeagle FHVI. Those route very well. I know quite a few guys here who dive mk25/g250v

I have Scubapro and dive either an H valve on a single tank or doubles, and my partner has HOG. If I had to buy again it would be HOG.

BTW I bought two sets of Apeks, for a Hogarthian bungeed backup kit, in the past. Good regs, but not enough of a difference to out favor the cost effectiveness and quality of HOG.

Either will do fine. I am not a bit fan of the 250's, would replace them with S600

https://www.shearwater.com/products/peregrine/

Back
Top Bottom