APOLLO BIO PRO Fins

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Snowbear:
I used the Blue Apollo Bio Pros (soft floppy rubber) for my first 100 dives or so. I thought they were the best thing going 'til I got Jet fins and learned how to use 'em.....

Now I have a set of Bio fins I wouldn't mind selling :D

I am waiting for my new Jet Fins to arrive :D Unfortunatley I did not get a chance to try them out first :frown: I currently use Avanti Quattros. Can you give me any advice on how finning will be different? I apologize for going off the thread topic but If anyone can PM me with tips or direct me to the appropriate thread were I might find some information It would be most appreciated :)

Hi guys,

How can you tell what model it is other than by colour, do they have any kind of words like XT or something like that on the fins?

Many thanks,

SangP

P.S. Michael Brennan, I just pm you.

which ones do you use twin jet or plain jet fins,,.. what do u find as the reason you like them over the apollo fins,,????

Vie:
The Bio-Fin Pros are great fins—especially for blue/open water diving and long surface swimming. For any other situation, I use my Scubapro Jetfins. The stiffer Bio-Fin XTs, IMHO, are pointless—the original all-rubber Bio-Fins (not the early model plastic/composite Bio-Fins) were designed to be soft; they feel weird at first, but they definitely work. Making them stiffer does nothing for their performance except to make divers who are used to the “feel” of paddle fins feel better.

SangP:
Hi guys,

How can you tell what model it is other than by colour, do they have any kind of words like XT or something like that on the fins?

Many thanks,

SangP

P.S. Michael Brennan, I just pm you.

I have the Bio Fin Pro(s). Black. Not the XT.
All it says on one wing is "Bio fin pro". "Nature's Wing" on the other.

The bio-fin pro models in colors, blue, yellow, etc.
have a durometer of 68[+/-2] hardly noticeable
to the original all natural rubber bio-fin pro.
The pure black pro's have a durometer of 65 [+/- 2]

The Apollo bio-fin pro XT [xtra torque] fins are
manufactured with a durometer 75+. The XT
models will have a "feel" very similar to the older
style paddle fins-USD BLADES, SCUBA-PRO JET FINS
MARES plana etc. They will work well with a wide
scissor kick, frog kick, vertical kick etc. Divers who
have spent years with the old technology will feel
more comfortable with the stiffer XT model.

The orignal Apollo bio-fin pro black is the most efficent,
with the least effort, but it does seem "soft" to divers
who are used to diving older style paddle fins.

As always, it is a personal choice.

How is the foot pocket sizing run on the Apollo Bio Pro XT fins? Specifically does a larget accomodate the near hiking shoe like quality of some dive boots?

awjuhda:
How is the foot pocket sizing run on the Apollo Bio Pro XT fins? Specifically does a larget accomodate the near hiking shoe like quality of some dive boots?

The Apollo bio-fin pro size large is designed with an open toe soft rubber oval shaped foot pocket that is designed for use with a hard soled boot 5-7mm mens sizes 9-11. The XL size is designed for mens size 11-13+. If using a very thick boot such as the DUI Rock boot you may need to use the larger size.

Hey Michael,

Here's another vote for making the L/L Bio Fin Pros in yellow! I have plenty of black gear, and anything that makes me more visible in the North Coast murk is welcome.

I, my brother and my wife settled on the floppy original Bios after trying a great many other fins, split and not. They are fantastic. Before my bro got his, he'd be panting at the end of a long surface swim (using paddles), while I was feeling tanned rested and ready. Bios really feel like you get more out than you put in.

Husband & I both use the original black Bios ..... they didn't have colors back when we bought them. Wish they did as we dive a murky old Texas lake frequently. I was not long out of knee surgery recovery, and they were recommended due to high efficiency/low leg-knee stress. I can't imagine using anything else, as they work almost effortlessly.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/peregrine/

Back
Top Bottom