April 16 Bohol pics

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Gilligan

Contributor
Reaction score
# of dives
divers.jpg

jelly.jpg

nudi.jpg

nudi2.jpg

rings.jpg

skunk.jpg

pnp.jpg

great pictures man!
although the last pic may give the wrong impression of bohol which is probably one of the safest places for tourists in the philippines.
ive been to bohol 5 or 6 times and i love it there.
cheap dives, great resorts, awesome walls, giant schools of jacks and barrakudas, great macro. lotsa big fish, easy currents, great food, chocoloate holls, loboc river, tarsier, pld churches, etc - whats not to love?!?

cheers

These shots are excellent, but I do notice a difference in your first shots with your G-10 and these. It appears as maybe your strobe problem has been remedied, your wide angle shots are once again super clear, what is different?

These shots are excellent, but I do notice a difference in your first shots with your G-10 and these. It appears as maybe your strobe problem has been remedied, your wide angle shots are once again super clear, what is different?

Thanks. My first shots were with the on-board strobe. These are with the Sea & Sea YS-27DX strobe. I am very satisfied with that strobe. It is compact yet powerful enough for my needs. It only has manual settings but that's all I need. IMHO you have to have an external strobe with this camera to get the most out of it.

I am using custom white balance not the "underwater" setting on the G10. I have been, and still am convinced calibrating your white balance for non-strobe shots is the way to go unless you are shooting RAW.

The divemaster blowing air rings shot is in about 7 meters depth so that makes a big difference in clarity and photo quality.

I am using ISO 80 on the strobe shots and 100 on the non-strobe shots (when I remember to change it :D)

I like the camera. I find the controls easy to use especially having two "Custom" settings. I use one for the strobe shots and one for the non-strobe shots. I only wish Canon had used a button instead of a dial for the ISO settings so they could have been saved in the "Custom" settings. Instead you have to remember to use the dial. Just a matter of getting use to do it. Maybe Canon thought there was already enough buttons on the camera!

The 28mm lens is a major plus. It's not as effective as having a wet-mount wide angle lens but I told myself I don't want to carry add-on lenses any more.

Having 15 megapixels versus 4 on my old Oly C4000Z is a major plus when it comes to cropping. The 3" monitor is like having a TV underwater compared to the old Oly :D. The updated technology is also easy to see as the camera is faster performing all-around.

The PNP land shot was taken with my Kodak V610 pocket camera.

Last edited:
Great shots! Love the Jelly and the second nudi especially, but they're all very nice.

Hi Glligan! I love your shots. I have the same setup, could you tell me what position your using with your strobe, I 've been having some backscatter in my latest pictures. Thanks in advance!!

https://www.shearwater.com/products/teric/

Back
Top Bottom