Aqua Lung Package

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Marty,

Looks great. You'll have fun with it, and it will serve you for many years. Aqua Lung makes good stuff, and you can get service anywhere.

Oh, this is ScubaBoard. Someone will be along in a few minutes to extoll the merits of a back-inflate BC, or a backplate and wing BC. And someone will be along to explain alternatives to consoles. And the benefits of primary donate. Those are best understood as alternative equipment configurations that some people, including me, find to be an improvement in minor ways that are nonetheless thought to be important. If you are interested in exploring them before making a financial commitment to the jacket-style rig with console and octo that you have chosen, ask questions, or just wait -- someone will be along shortly. Otherwise, the equipment you've picked out is high quality stuff that will serve you well.

That is a good price for what you're purchasing, and you may want to check and be sure that the seller is an authorized dealer and that the goods are intended by the manufacturer for sale in the USA.

It looks decent. Pretty good if it's mostly for flying somewhere to dive. And consoles tend to suck, but fixing that isn't hard if you eventually want, the computer pops out and can go on a wrist strap.

Marty,

Looks great. You'll have fun with it, and it will serve you for many years. Aqua Lung makes good stuff, and you can get service anywhere.

Oh, this is ScubaBoard. Someone will be along in a few minutes to extoll the merits of a back-inflate BC, or a backplate and wing BC. And someone will be along to explain alternatives to consoles. And the benefits of primary donate. Those are best understood as alternative equipment configurations that some people, including me, find to be an improvement in minor ways that are nonetheless thought to be important. If you are interested in exploring them before making a financial commitment to the jacket-style rig with console and octo that you have chosen, ask questions, or just wait -- someone will be along shortly. Otherwise, the equipment you've picked out is high quality stuff that will serve you well.

That is a good price for what you're purchasing, and you may want to check and be sure that the seller is an authorized dealer and that the goods are intended by the manufacturer for sale in the USA.

It is a good price.

Lancaster Scuba is an authorized dealer.

And, yes, there will be the "Tech Divers" and others along soon to offer their opinions.

If the Diver is out for some fun, with gear that will last a long time, serviced almost anywhere,
this is a good deal.

I will be the first to admit that I am generally not a fan of package deals because rarely is each component the best choice for the diver. But that said, I am a fan of the Mikron and the Zuma has gotten good reviews here on SB. I prefer wrist computers to console but that is a personal choice.

You may want to clarify if the Mikron is a 2018 version with the ACD or the now discontinued and discounted 2017 version.

Aqua Lung Mikron with Free Octo

And you can often find a good deal on BCD’s here on SB.

For Sale - Aqua Lung Zuma BCD

For Sale - Brand new Aqualung Zuma travel BCD's $325 each plus shipping

For Sale - Oceanic Islander BCD

For Sale - Zeagle Ranger BCD for sale

Last edited:
I'm thinking of getting my own gear and I'm looking at this aqua lung travel package. Any thoughts yeah or nay?

https://www.amazon.com/Aqua-Lung-Pa...keywords=Aqua+Lung+Travel+Scuba+Gear+Package&

Thanks,
Marty
Aqualung makes good stuff and service is available and easy to find. I have Aqualung and has been great. I bought my gear from my Local Dive Store, but have bought additional regulators for my kids here on SB. All of them have been Aqualung.
Enjoy what you decide to purchase!

I'm thinking of getting my own gear and I'm looking at this aqua lung travel package. Any thoughts yeah or nay?

https://www.amazon.com/Aqua-Lung-Pa...keywords=Aqua+Lung+Travel+Scuba+Gear+Package&

Thanks,
Marty
Nothing wrong with the package. The reg looks to be pre-2018. If you have a local dive shop in your area I suspect they would come close or even match that price. You then have a local connection. Many shops are clearing old stock at this time of the year.

Nothing wrong with the package. The reg looks to be pre-2018. If you have a local dive shop in your area I suspect they would come close or even match that price. You then have a local connection. Many shops are clearing old stock at this time of the year.
If it is the older model and the op wants the ACD (I would not) that package is available...

Aqua Lung The Travel Package. (Leisurepro for 999)

Aqua Lung Travel Package. (DiversDirect for 999)

Last edited:
I've got over 100 dives with the Zuma and the Mikron and have no complaints. I have the Airsource 3 instead of the octo though. Check Leisure Pro and others as the same package is going for $999.

Back
Top Bottom